inFlight :: DAN1ELMAD1SON

Oct 6, 2007
(I'm just using one of adjone's reviews as a template- hope you don't mind buddy!).

inFlight :: Daniel Madison

The Official Spam-

"InFlight is a fast pop out flourish during which a selected card gets shot into the air and lands in your hand. This is a relatively simple move taught by d+M in detail - with slow motion shots from both the front and side angles. 3 minutes of instruction captured in High Definition covering everything you need to know to learn it - and use it - in your performances."

The Video-

Excellent quality as usual. Damn sharp and audio was brilliant. I'm liking the new editing they use for the 1-on-1's now- you know the one they use for the titles as sometimes seen on the home page of T-11?

The Teaching/Teacher-

Daniel is a laid back guy. This was my first 1-on-1 from him and his teaching is very casual and cool- not like some magicians who kind've get annoying after they teach your for a while.

The problem is that the teaching of the flourish is just video- no words or spoken instructions. It's just video with ultra-cool music playing (not even sure if that's bad!)

Difficulty-

I'm not really a flourisher, but this was quite easy for me. Got it after a few tries. Of course, I'm still working on it but it's not as hard as I thought.

Price-

1-on-1's are just very well priced. But I'm thinking- is 4.95 a little much for just one little flourish? I dunno.

Additional Thoughts-

Just a sexy, cool and eye-catching flourish- as all other flourishes which encorporate card shoots are.

Overall-
8/10

Oct 3, 2007
germany
On the topic of pricing for the 1on1s think of it this way; how much is it that you would pay for food if you went to a restaurant? My guess would be more than 4.95 dollars.. Now think of the amount of use that you would be able to get out of a trick / flourish in you're performances

I find that I would rather get hour after hour of entertainment from practicing and watching peoples reactions to a trick, than eating some spaghetti at home as opposed to a "fancy" restaurant that day. :)

But that might just be my oppinion.

Apr 28, 2008
It looks quite nice but I think i'm going to pass on this one, in my opinion many recent 1 on 1's just aren't worth it. They appear cheap at first but when you compare them to what you might get on a $25 DVD they don't look quite as appealing.
Imagine if a DVD was released that contained, Triple Shuffle, Flo, Static, inFlight. Then compare that to the flourishes DVD from The Trilogy or Motions from Dangerous.

On the topic of pricing for the 1on1s think of it this way; how much is it that you would pay for food if you went to a restaurant? My guess would be more than 4.95 dollars.. Now think of the amount of use that you would be able to get out of a trick / flourish in you're performances

Sorry but that analogy just doesn't work at all, food in a restaurant will obviously cost more as it has to be cooked again every time for each customer. When a 1 on 1 is filmed an unlimited number of people can have it.

Oct 6, 2007
It looks quite nice but I think i'm going to pass on this one, in my opinion many recent 1 on 1's just aren't worth it. They appear cheap at first but when you compare them to what you might get on a $25 DVD they don't look quite as appealing.
Imagine if a DVD was released that contained, Triple Shuffle, Flo, Static, inFlight. Then compare that to the flourishes DVD from The Trilogy or Motions from Dangerous.

Sorry but that analogy just doesn't work at all, food in a restaurant will obviously cost more as it has to be cooked again every time for each customer. When a 1 on 1 is filmed an unlimited number of people can have it.

I know what you mean. Personally, I bought inFlight because I just love card shoots (Hot SHot Cut for example). It also looked damn sexy and interesting. Note that the 1-on-1's are sold individually. So they are absolute cheaper, but relative to DVDs more expensive (sorry for the Excel analogy).

I'm sayign that someone starting out in flourishing that maybe wants to learn 3 quick flourishes could go on the 1-on-1 section and learn these 3 almost immediately, instead of waiting for a whole DVD, which is more expensive too.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I think the 1on1's are a great deal - It's nice to see something new every week and at the equivalent to about £2.50 over here I think it's fantastically priced.

I've bought quite a few of the 1on1's here, mainly the Kenner ones, but they've all been of great quality and something you can digest pretty easily at any given point.

To be honest, I think it's one of the best features T11 has - great for beginners that want to have a play with some cards, or for someone trying out coins for the first time or wants to see if flourishing is for them.

D.

I saw the same but my friend who is starting out magic. Thinks that everything is soo overpriced. He used to learn all his tricks from free internet sites. But when I showed him T11 and E he almost **** his pants when I said ive bout acouple hundred dollars on DVDs and stuff from these sites.

JDEN

Oct 6, 2007
I saw the same but my friend who is starting out magic. Thinks that everything is soo overpriced. He used to learn all his tricks from free internet sites. But when I showed him T11 and E he almost **** his pants when I said ive bout acouple hundred dollars on DVDs and stuff from these sites.

JDEN

A lot of people would **** their pants when they've heard you say that- even magicians.

Magicians that want to perfect their effects don't shell out hundreds of dollars on tricks. Not until they've mastered the few they already have.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results