Influence

Apr 7, 2016
Kentucky
Growing up we all have people we look up to. Most magicians have other magicians they look up at. Who are some of the magicians that you looked at to be really awesome. Mine would be David Blaine, Joshua Jay, and of course David Copperfield.

Apr 18, 2016
USA
I've admired Ricky Jay for as long as I can remember, but my grandfather pulling coins out of my ear would be what started me down this path.

Reactions: DominusDolorum

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
My first journey into magic happened when I was very young; after watching a David Copperfield special. That man has a beautiful take on magic, and I was captivated. I eventually grew out of it and then fell back in love with it in college. My boss at the restaurant I worked at was an amateur magician, and he showed me some things that blew my mind. Simple card tricks, crazy mans handcuffs, levitations, and some coin stuff. After that I got into watching some videos from Michael Ammar, and my love of magic flourished from there.

So really my influences have been: David Copperfield, my (former) boss, Michael Ammar.

There are of course others but these are the first that really sparked my love of magic.

Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
I was initially interested in magic because of my grandfather. He would always show me simple little tricks with coins and cards which got me fascinated with the art. But what really inspired me to pick up my cards and try it was when I saw a David Blaine special on tv. He just blew me away and I knew then that I had to be a magician.

About a year ago I was starting to lose interest in magic, the new effects I were seeing weren't all that enticing, and the art had started to bore me. I wasn't practicing much and was about to throw in the towel, but then I discovered Shin Lim. He has such incredibly visual magic and it brought me back to that state of wonder I felt when I watched DB.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results