Insane by Andy Nyman

Jun 4, 2012
Can this be performed with any deck(color) of cards or just red bicycles. Does the gimmick allow you to continue performing other tricks with the same deck of cards? Im torn between this and rapture. This looks great, but i would stay with blind by daniel madison if its a one trick only kind of thing.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Can this be performed with any deck(color) of cards or just red bicycles. Does the gimmick allow you to continue performing other tricks with the same deck of cards? Im torn between this and rapture. This looks great, but i would stay with blind by daniel madison if its a one trick only kind of thing.

On the demo it looks like he uses a few types of decks, this really looks amazing!

Jun 25, 2008
Turns out the card they stop at is not totally examinable. The deck is always examinable though, and the envelope is real and nothing fishy about it. It's just that, when they stop at a card, it can be handled briefly but not inspected.

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Theres no switch needed, right after the card they stoped at is revealed you can hand it out.

Care to elaborate? I received mine recently and the method was basically what I was expecting. It's a good routine but I'm curious about your claims of the chosen card being inspected, as this is not the case. I can, though, think of a slightly alternate version where you could hand out a card that they thought was the stopped at one but you would lose the ability to have the prediction card be a different color back. I don't think that is a fair trade though.

Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
I'll also be doing a review of Insane once I've performed it several times for actual spectators (not my usual practice audience such as friends, family).

But the cards are not examinable after the reveal...not sure why StraightEdgePunk said otherwise. They can see the card front and back but you won't be able to hand it out. That being said, this effect should be powerful enough that the ending dirty is worth it.

This is where being a guy who performs tricks versus being a magician really counts. If you're an experienced magician who is used to performing for actual spectators then this isn't going to be an issue for you; you'll have at least 3 different ways to not make ending dirty at big deal.

If however you're just doing tricks and you have no audience management, misdirection timing, or actual performing experience, then you won't like this trick because you'll unknowingly telegraph what you don't want to be telegraphing and you'll get called on what you don't want to be called out on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results