Inside Magic Review

May 4, 2009
Since their is an active thread on How to do Street Magic, I wanted to post a quick review on the sequel, Inside Magic.

Inside Magic is the same formula. Two sets of six tricks. The down side, is you don't get all the bonuses they had added to How To over the years. And one of the 12 tricks, is actually an introduction to card and coin flourishes that has been added to How To as a Bonus, so you have already seen it.

The first six are slightly harder than the second six on the How To DVD. Then the next six contain five slightly more advanced tricks and the intro to card and coin flourishes.

My favorite stuff is the Biddle Trick, Waving Aces, A really awesome force, and a folding dollar bill, which Brad uses microfiliment instead of IT. I had practiced this with two pieces of IT and it breaks easy. I still haven't managed to get to a fabric store to buy the microfiliment.

There is a force which basically is very close to what I would call a true force. Your basically aiming for the person to pick a card as close to the card your forcing as possible. As long as you get them to pick something close to your card you can make it look really believable. It's genius. If you did this all the time, you could use it to train yourself to do the same force that Criss Angel uses on his tv show.

Some people complained that they thought the waving aces trick was going to be the same version David Blaine performed. I don't think there is any reason to be dissapointed. Brad teaches you all the basic moves. I have watched several different versions of the trick now from different magicians and they all seem to use the same basic concepts.

Two of the tricks on the second half are sponge ball magic. Even though I personal have no desire to do spongeball magic myself, I still thought this part of the DVD was pretty exciting.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results