insight on this vanish?

Jun 13, 2013
I was wondering if anyone knows what method Calen Morelli used in this video to make the weed vanish. I don't have a lot of insight on vanishing objects other than coins and I would like to fix that. At first I thought it might be the gecko product, but I don't believe that's the case here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yny0VDxgNwQ

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
For starters that was a very ignorant thing for anyone to do especially given the military attitude so many cops have now days (shoot first, ask questions later). Then again, this is obviously a staged bit so there goes the idea that the punk is actually doing anything resembling actual magic.

Technique?

I refuse to study the footage to any great depth but as with any magic, misdirection is the key. In this case I'm betting that he also had some mechanical help given the follow-up at the end where he reproduces the bag. . . on that point I'd suggest you look into things known as "Pulls" in that I believe he used a device of this kind. . . don't hold me to that, but that is what it looks like.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I watch these videos and all I can think is ... at one time we commanded so much respect. An art form that has (in documented cases) affected the outcome of wars is now used to pull stupid pranks.

Mechanically this seems pretty straight forward. I agree with Craig.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results