Is an art festival a good place to "Blaine"?

Dec 30, 2007
Hey all, I'm going to an art festival later today and I'm thinking about bringing a pack of cards to just go around Blaining- it would be a very relaxed atmosphere with plenty of people just chilling and enjoying the atmosphere, so I think it would be a great place to get out there and do some magic. What do you all think? And NO, I will not be performing Bound, I obviously need some more practice after the way I got owned in my thread.

Axe

Apr 3, 2008
Buffalo, NY
I would!

Im actually doing magic at a festival for the 4 of july and ive done them before, i suggest you bring 2 decks of cards and also peolple love to see a simple retention vanish and have it "jump accross" also dont do to many tricks for 1 group of people try to move around a lot.
Good luck,
Alex

As I was waiting for my film to be screened at a film festival (go me! :p) I performed a couple of magic tricks.

Depending on the area and locale of the festival you may or may not want to perform. Is it at an art "gallery" or is it outdoors with loads of people walking around?

Mitch

Dec 30, 2007
Well, damn. A storm blew in with 80 mph winds last night and destroyed 30 grand worth of art, but 90% of the artists are returning with their booths today. Would it still be appropriate to Blaine?

Dec 30, 2007
Well, I only performed once- the art festival was great! Spent a lot of time walking around looking at art, then towards the end I realized I hadn't done anything, so I calmed down, got up my nerve, and did an ACR for a really tourist-y looking couple who really liked it. There were no blood-curdling screams or fainting but a lot of the confused looking at each other- thought they barely flinched at the Braue popup, probably because I only got a small bend in it, and the card to mouth wasn't too impressive to them either. But they liked the tilt so much I did it three times (with different moves following.) So it felt great to get out there and perform, and know that they liked the performance. One thing I learned though- I need to script my routine! I can't keep going off the top of my head, it just doesn't work as well as a script would.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results