Is anything original here?

Panic is original. The idea has been used before, but NEVER for the purpose of vanishing a deck.

TnR is an original Torn and Restored card trick from Matthew Bich (although the torn and restored plot is not original, the trick is from the mind of Bich).

Witness is an original trick from Lee Asher, but re-released under a different name (so one could dispute its originality in some terms).

Everything on the Trilogy is original.

Distortion is Wayne's original effect with an un-original gimmick (the effect is original, but the gimmick has been around for decades. Wayne acknowledges this on the DVD).

Digital Dissolve, on the other hand, is not the least bit original.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Distortion is Wayne's handling of the effect. Never has it been claimed that it was an original idea.
I don't remember the story behind Digital Dissolve right now.
Wittness is an original effect by Lee Asher, he simply put it into the form of a DVD.
Thread, although not a Theory 11 product, is an original effect by Wayne, and he has mentioned the possibility of selling it on here.
TnR is a Torn and Restored effect, but with a twist at the end.
The Trilogy is material by the Buck twins, again being resold on here.
Guardians are original.
Panic is original.

Oct 11, 2007
Alabama
you know magic goes back so far in history.... sometime people come up with the same effect or a better way of doing it. Just look at Wayne Houchin--stigmata. Banachek came up with it and some years later Wayne did also. An neither one of them knew about the other. An Banachek like Wayne new way of doing it the he ask wayne if he could use it and teach it on one of his DVD. An on Wayne Houchin DVD of Stigmata; Wayne give credit to Banachek. It just saying it happen sometime.... An I am not saying that the effect on here are not original. I am just trying to help.

Sep 2, 2007
soooo just panic... although the gimmick is not original. I dunno, I guess I have high expectations... oh well.
To my knowledge, the gimmick for Panic was actually "handmade" and "homemade" by Aaron Fisher.

In regards to anything being original here, most of magic today is based upon the foundation that was laid by magicians in the past. If Magic Store A releases a gaff deck, and then Magic Store B releases its own, did Store B copy Store A?

All magic is inspired.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
The idea of [don't want to expose anything, but Panic owners should know what I'm talking about] has been around for ages and is an extremely vague, as it can be used for literally a countless number of ways for a countless number of effects.

Panic is the first time that this idea/gimmick has been put to this specific use. Non-Panic owners will have a hard time understanding what I'm saying, but trust me; it is 100% original.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Sadly, I saw a performance of this in YouNoob and some kid did it very poorly and I kinda got the idea of what the gimmick is... I'm not sure if I have seen it elsewhere but I did see something close to it(not going to say for the sake of exposure...)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results