Is it possible to be proficient with both card and hypnotism?

Jan 9, 2008
Sacramento
I haven't read that particular book, but I would suggest being careful about Dilts' evangelical worship at the altar of NLP...it's not all he cracks it up to be.

haha that's for sure!

I haven't read all of it but I read through the chapter on aristotle and it was pretty cool, the whole dilts and bandler nlp stuff is interesting, but confusing. I usually try to overlook that part and just read between the lines you know? or at least in strategies of genius. Have you read sleight of mouth?

Sep 1, 2007
Why exactly(to avoid Zap)?

I read a little bit about the main guy, and he seems pretty credible.

How about if for no other reason than The Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism would give you better instruction and value for your money than one friggin' trick ever could.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
I have been reading into this subject for ages.

Answer: Yes you can be, eg Derren Brown.

Also Ormond McGill's Guide to stage hypnotism is OUTDATED. Sure its a great starting point but their are concepts inside that are considered dangerous. Here are my recommendations.

Mentalism:
Read this
http://gunnsight.blogspot.com/2004/08/gunns-beginners-guide-to-mentalism.html

Hypnosis: These books are gold!
-Geoff Ronning's Guide to Modern Stage Hypnosis (considered the new stage hypnotism encyclopedia)
- Reality is Plastic by Anthony Jacquin (Impromptu hypnotism, getting great reviews everywhere)

Look on the magic cafe for more discussion. There is a specific forum dedicated to mentalism and hypnosis.

-DL

P.S Read the MagicCafe for reviews on Zap, what the members here at t11 here are right, there are many products more value for money.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results