Is this original?

Apr 1, 2009
California
When creating sleights, the best sleights look just like what it should look like if done for real. I would never in a million years want to lift a card off a deck like that. And stick it in as so. If I'm creating a sleight. I will watch what I naturally do with a single card over and over. Taking it off the deck and sticking it into the middle. KNOW what that looks like to you and to the spectator, Then have it look the same with a double as one. With yours I can see suspicious movements of where the cards part. The idea of doing the double lift without the turnover of course is a compelling one when doing the ambitious card routine or the like, but it's got to look just like you took the card off the top and stuck it straight into the middle. like it would if you really had.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
It is a double lift, but in an essence, you are not letting the entire double fall flat onto the deck before putting the "selection" into the middle. This helps the illusion that you are lifting a single.

However, it is not original, there are many forms of this, and I have been doing this for quite some time now... I just never showed anyone moments after thining of it. In fact, I have not shown any laymen yet, because it is no where near ready... I can tell you however that it has more refined touches than yours so far. ( hopefully this is just the crappy webcam).

Keep working on it, but no, not original.

Jan 13, 2008
To be honest, it looks like a very common phase to an ACR. I do that all the time. Except, I don't drop the card back to the deck quite as fast, because it looks super fishy (like you're doing a move...because you are, heh).

It's nice that you're trying to think up your own variations, though. Keep at it. :)

Sep 1, 2007
England
The concept of a replacement like that is, as others have said, nothing new I'm afraid.

Also, no offense, but your method for doing so isn't among the best.

Check out card college chapter 31 for some cool replacements.

Tom

Sep 2, 2007
London
This idea was published in the very first printed description of the double lift, in Jean Hugard's Card Manipulations in about 1934 (from memory).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results