Jay Sankey's "Inseparable"

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
That actually doesn't look too shabby. I'll wait for some reviews, but it may be something worth looking into.

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
i love how sankey creates effects FOR LAYMEN

all of his stuff is for layemn, not for magicians, magicians can easily figure them out, but laymen are blown away by them

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
^^Guardian, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I love that about Sankey's stuff, too. He creates magic for whom magic is meant to be enjoyed by... I respect him a lot for that.

Feb 2, 2008
I think its useless

What are you going to do, keep that incredible miracle and not give it out?

What if they ask you to keep the cards?... bc of course u implied u can do this all the time.

Good idea, but unless it comes with 52 gimmicks to be handed out for a fair price
i will not be adding to cart

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I think its useless

What if they ask you to keep the cards?... bc of course u implied u can do this all the time.

Good idea, but unless it comes with 52 gimmicks to be handed out for a fair price

Just tell them it's part of your collection. They shouldn't ask to keep this any more than they ask to keep your Cups and Balls, or Sponge Balls, or anything of that nature. It's just another prop. Having them examine it to their heart's content should be enough. IMO, yours is a very stupid reason not to perform this.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
I agree with almost everyone. It is quite obvious how it is done, all you need is the gimmick. I personally don't think it is worth buying, but it is a clever trick, just very simple. I hate to admit it, but one of the many who simply don't like Sankey's style, it's a little too corny for me. He is more of a classical magician for kids birthday parties, and his effects come off that way too. Not that it is a bad thing, I love that kind of magic in small doses, but overall it doesn't fit the style of many newer magicians. At least not in my opinion.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
It just doesn't look appealing to me. I don't really have to explain why I don't like it or not. It's the internet, if you want my reasons... well too bad. Don't feel like typing a bunch of paragraphs just to explain my opinion over the internet right after my grueling week of finals and what not.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I didn't say you "had to" do it, I just said your opinion doesn't really hold any water without any valid reasoning behind it. And I hate it when people complain about Finals... like it's real work. You have to take tests and use your brain a little. Honestly, suck it up. They're just tests, it's not hard work, all it does is make you think a little. So I wouldn't hardly call them "grueling".

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Oh, you had to read some books! How did you survive? Yes, I know most people are lazy. I know most people complain because they have to do a little work. What makes me really mad are the people that don't do anything all semester, then complain when they do bad on Finals. Not implying you are one of those people, just venting. Anyway, instead of getting this thread locked, let's continue this via PMs.

Feb 28, 2008
I like a lot of Jay's stuff, but stuff, but this isn't something I'd get, mostly because the Gimmick is kind of... I don't know, big and bulky and not something I would carry around. I do like the sandwich effect he does at the start... A nice transpo.

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
I think its useless

I disagree also. Not everyone wants to keep things. I do my ACR and after they put their name on it and it gets folded, I give it to them and more times then none they are like "Really, I can have it, are you sure? thanks :)"

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I like a lot of Jay's stuff, but stuff, but this isn't something I'd get, mostly because the Gimmick is kind of... I don't know, big and bulky and not something I would carry around. I do like the sandwich effect he does at the start... A nice transpo.

Big and bulky? You can fold it up and carry it in your wallet. It's like three times as thick as a playing card... that's not bad at all.

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
I agree with almost everyone. It is quite obvious how it is done, all you need is the gimmick. I personally don't think it is worth buying, but it is a clever trick, just very simple. I hate to admit it, but one of the many who simply don't like Sankey's style, it's a little too corny for me. He is more of a classical magician for kids birthday parties, and his effects come off that way too. Not that it is a bad thing, I love that kind of magic in small doses, but overall it doesn't fit the style of many newer magicians. At least not in my opinion.

That is where I think you are wrong. Yes you are entitled to your own opinion but I think that a lot of Sankey stuff can easily be converted to the "newer magician" style. I mean he does sandhich routines very good card stuff and his coin work is also great, most close-up is the same when you break it down its just the patter and presentation then differs.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
That is where I think you are wrong. Yes you are entitled to your own opinion but I think that a lot of Sankey's stuff can easily be converted to the "newer magician" style. I mean he does sandwich routines very good card stuff and his coin work is also great, most close-up is the same when you break it down its just the patter and presentation then differs.

I agree completely but sometimes I think Jay tries a little to hard to be funny it just comes off as corny. But he is pretty creative I will give him that.

Oh, you had to read some books! How did you survive? Yes, I know most people are lazy. I know most people complain because they have to do a little work. What makes me really mad are the people that don't do anything all semester, then complain when they do bad on Finals.
Keep that attitude, way to go buddy. :)

I also agree with you and many others, Jay comes with off beat ideas that are no way magician foolers. For laymen, many of them are very good workers.

This one looks average, but you'll never know, laymen are surprised by such effects, and it sure looks like a fun effect to do.

Cheers,

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results