Jim Karol's Memory Deck trick thing

Dec 29, 2007
Sweden
cant anyone tell how to do it?. I would definittely need this.
Thans
~Joppa

(edit): Oh I actually found out how he is doin. Its just a simple 8 kings stack. so simple, but yet so powerful.

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
I have a great idea....how about we start posting videos of people performing and then discussing the method behind what they are doing! Great idea....

Yea that is a great idea. lol. The deck might be in a certain order. Every time the spec. picks a crad, he puts the top packet of cards to the bottom. Thats not normal. Then he looks at the bottom card as like he's memorizing something like an invisible deck kind of.

Dec 14, 2007
Don't want to sound like the big meanie, but is it really the nicest thing to try to pick apart someone else's trick?

I mean, let's say you performed a trick for your friends at school and then they came on here and asked us to tell them how to do it or where to buy it?

Professional magicians are people too. They work very hard to find tricks that make them stand out. When you start doing those tricks, you take their work away from them. Even if they didn't invent the trick, they probably spent hours looking through books trying to find a trick that really worked for them.

Of course, when we are fooled by a trick, we want to know. But sometimes, we need to think bigger than our instant feelings.

If you want to learn tricks like Jim did, buy 13 Steps to Mentalism or Annemann's Practical Mental Effects. With either of those books you will learn the skills that will allow you to do tricks like that and so many more.

But let's let professional magicians keep their secrets to themselves - at least until THEY decide it's time to share.

Brad Henderson

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
woohoo! I just found out how to do it!(sort of) Not sure if its the EXACT handling, but it works! Lee asher is right, you only need three effects.

This
Muscle pass
STS

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
woohoo! I just found out how to do it!(sort of) Not sure if its the EXACT handling, but it works! Lee asher is right, you only need three effects.

This
Muscle pass
STS

Hopefully I am not bursting your bubble here but the muscle pass isn't an 'effect' its just a move or a sleight. I wouldn't even really call what Jim was doing here an effect but more of a stunt. I think the way Jim presented it was entertaining but not something I would say was very magical much in the same way that I don't think gambling cheat demonstrations are very magical either they are just stunts.

I have done what Jim did here before, in a different way I am sure, but each time I did it I knew it was just a stunt to mess with people and play a sort of game with them.

--Jim

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results