JP - Triple Shuffle review

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Triple Shuffle is an advanced method for shuffling a deck of cards that allows you to perform three separate bridges within the course of a single shuffle. Fluid, fast, and yet understated - this is a flourish that doesn't call too much attention to itself and can be an elegant sleight that enhances the flow and aesthetic of your magic.

First Worries
OK, first of all, I want to address one issue I had before buying this. The difficulty rating one this one gives it a big green EASY whereas the description calls it an "advanced method". I was slightly confused but got it anyway. It IS quite easy to pick up on the method but it will take a fair bit of practice. This is one that you don't want to perform until it is perfected otherwise it will look a bit like a mess and alot less like a triple shuffle.

The Download
You know the answer but it's an important part of the review. It downloaded pretty quickly and the quality of the product is about as good as it gets (or at least as good as anyone could possibly want it), you can clearly see everything that goes on. No problems in this section.

The Teaching
Hmm. What he teaches you is fine. It's what he doesn't teach you that's the problem. Before anybody dissolves into tears at the outrage before storming off to throw a llama out of their bedroom window at the poor innocent gnomes, don't worry. He teaches everything you need to know. What he doesn't teach you is any of the little...um...things(?) that make it look impressive or make it easier, you get the idea (an example is the fact that his bridges are massive and last for ages, it takes a fair bit of experimenting to get at all decent sized bridges).

Final Oojits That Don't Fit Into Any Other Catagory
Overall, apart from a couple of issues that I've already talked about, this is a good product. Joel gives you everything you need to do the triple shuffle but it will take work. It looks very impressive when done well. For $4.95, this is pretty good.

I'd give this 3.5/5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results