Linking Rings

Apr 27, 2008
I am thinking about purchasing some type of linking rings before Christmas arrives and was asked a few questions to the supplier but hasn't answered yet. So here are my questions

Can the spectator do it just by picking it up?
Are they really worth it?
Best ones for street and stage?
Chances of them breaking?

I know that they require practice but if some heckler picks them up and does it I may just pass

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under

Not with proper audience management. However there are routines that can have the spectator with linking rings.

It is a classic of magic for good reason, they are an amazing stage piece.

Not too sure but I assume you may get some strange looks taking rings out on the street.

No very high if you treat them fine

Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Nope. But you can have them 'help' you.
Depends what your into. It should be noted that the linking rings has been widely exposed a number of times. Spectators might pick up on the 'key ring' principle.
Stage - 8 inches or 10 inches.
Street - I have seen someone do Shoot Ogawa's 'Ninja Rings' routine on the street - it killed. Here's a clip of Shoot doing it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71IfyxNDof0
Really it depends on what brand you get. It would take a fair bit of force to break them though...so I think your safe.

Apr 27, 2008
Well I mean just something to practice I guess, I got plenty of time from when I leave from school early until everyone else leaves and I don't use cards. Maybe people will still think they look cool. I really don't know but I was gonna buy some ninja ones from a buddy of mine cause he is out of magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results