Lit - Dan White / Dan Hauss

Jul 9, 2008
studio city CA
ripoff

lit is a basic ripoff of an effect released years ago by jay sankey called fire down below, hauss also ripped off sankey with the sleeping queen effect that was originally released by sankey as R.E.M also the sankey versions go way more in depth on the things you can use these effects for

keep an eye out

cheers!

the colonel

May 18, 2008
That isn't true. While there is the crediting issue, in method, both of those effects are entirly different. Trust me.

Sankey's effects are great, as are Dan's's. Don't get them mixed up though, as they are quite different.

Sep 2, 2007
ColonelX1 therre is a dieefence between the effect being the same, and the method. Sleeping queen, and R.E.M. look the same to the specs, but are much different in method. so, therefore, they are not ripped off. If it is ripped off, you could say the Ego change is a ripoff of the cardini change, which is a ripoff of the erdanse change.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
lit is a basic ripoff of an effect released years ago by jay sankey called fire down below, hauss also ripped off sankey with the sleeping queen effect that was originally released by sankey as R.E.M also the sankey versions go way more in depth on the things you can use these effects for

keep an eye out
Colonel,

Just to make sure the facts are clear - LIT is entirely different in presentation and method than any effect published before. Calling it a rip-off, on either count, is wholeheartedly incorrect and disingenuous to Dan Hauss and Dan White. I, of course, respect Jay Sankey - a powerhouse of magic innovation - but these are not the same effects by any means.

As few people other than David Blaine, Dan White, and Dan Hauss actually know the method to Lit, one must withhold judgement or declaring something a "ripoff" until the actual facts are known. I am aware of the method to both effects, and can certify that the methods (and plots) are in fact different.

Regarding Sleeping Queens - while this is not a theory11 product either, I can also certify as different in presentation and method than REM.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results