Lit - The Gimmicks

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Alright so I have a question. I personally don't own Lit BUT I did figure it out because my friend performed Lit for me kind of poorly and I was able to figure it out. Is it possible I could purchase the refill gimmicks even though I never bought the DVD before?

I have bought refill gimmicks on t11 before and they usually ask for prove of the DVD, but seeing as I never bought it, could I still do it?

Alright so I have a question. I personally don't own Lit BUT I did figure it out because my friend performed Lit for me kind of poorly and I was able to figure it out. Is it possible I could purchase the refill gimmicks even though I never bought the DVD before?

I have bought refill gimmicks on t11 before and they usually ask for prove of the DVD, but seeing as I never bought it, could I still do it?

Well i will go first and say that its best to buy the DVD. You might know how the technical aspects are you still need to know a few things about this.

Mikk

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Yes you can buy the refills without the dvd, but buy the DVD. The Floating match and self lighting match pack are awesome effects as well. If you buy it from here you save tons of money and still get the exact mechanics of the effect. I bought the DVD from ZM and I am getting the refills from t11 this way I get the 30 min bonus video and save money.

Hope that helps,

-Michael

Jun 30, 2008
So, is anyone actually going to answer his question or are you going to act like the bunch of T11 cronies you are?? Sorry dude if I knew I'd help you out,but I don't. Maybe try contacting customer support or (oooh a lot of people are going to hate me for this) have your freind order them for you if you need proof of purchase to get them. Hope you read this before it gets deleted =)

NVM, micheal answered the question, so there you go =)

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
So, is anyone actually going to answer his question or are you going to act like the bunch of T11 cronies you are?? Sorry dude if I knew I'd help you out,but I don't. Maybe try contacting customer support or (oooh a lot of people are going to hate me for this) have your freind order them for you if you need proof of purchase to get them. Hope you read this before it gets deleted =)

NVM, micheal answered the question, so there you go =)

you can order them without the DVD. We're just saying this because it contains more than one effect on it and you will learn much more by purchasing the dvd.

Jun 30, 2008
So what you're saying is, respect for magic = T11 cronie?

Just get out. What a joke.

No, T11 cronie= people (such as yourself) that are absolutely obssesed with theory 11, and thinks that almost EVERYTHING they sell is like the best thing since sliced bread. I would bet that if I asked you (maybe not you, but the majority of the people on this site) for their top 10 effects, that at least 5-6 of the 10 would be T11 tricks. And truth be told, there shouldn't be that many. I would also bet that if T11 wasn't selling Lit that this thread wouldn't have recieved half the attention that it did. Because you guys are obsessed. There are a lot of great, talented magicians on this site, but the majority of the people are cronies who follow this site like it's a religion. And the easy way to tell who these people are is to say something to them, such as calling them a cronie, and the ones who respond in a rash overbearing manner are generally the ones who ARE the cronies (such as yourself). So, if he WANTS to buy just the refills because he knows how it is done, sure you can gently advise him to buy the DVD, but insulting his character? That I have a problem with. Yes, he would learn a hell of a lot more if he buys the DVD, but there's no need to insult the mans character. And if your going to say "Well he wont know exactly how it's done because he didn't buy it", I have a problem with too. Has anyone on this entire site ACTUALLY performed a trick EXACTLY the way it was taught? If you have, that confirms your cronie-ship. Isn't part of what this site is about is taking a trick, and making it your own? if you perform something the exact same way someone else does, then it's not you performing, it's the person that taught you. So, for him to want to buy the refill on his own, want to make it his own, and want to put the practise in to maybe make it a little better to suit his needs, how is that a disrespect for magic? Seeing as how thats what your accusing him of. Hopefully you actually read this and didn't skim, I hope this changes some of your views. Thank you.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
No, T11 cronie= people (such as yourself) that are absolutely obssesed with theory 11, and thinks that almost EVERYTHING they sell is like the best thing since sliced bread.

Incorrect. Quote me saying something along these lines, I challenge you.

I would bet that if I asked you (maybe not you, but the majority of the people on this site) for their top 10 effects, that at least 5-6 of the 10 would be T11 tricks.

Incorrect.

And truth be told, there shouldn't be that many. I would also bet that if T11 wasn't selling Lit that this thread wouldn't have recieved half the attention that it did. Because you guys are obsessed. There are a lot of great, talented magicians on this site, but the majority of the people are cronies who follow this site like it's a religion.

I agree in principle. But you're applying a general argument to a specific situation.

And the easy way to tell who these people are is to say something to them, such as calling them a cronie, and the ones who respond in a rash overbearing manner are generally the ones who ARE the cronies (such as yourself).

Incorrect. And laughable. You obviously have never read my posts. Clearly, I absolutely responding in a rash, overbearing manner. /sarcasm

So, if he WANTS to buy just the refills because he knows how it is done, sure you can gently advise him to buy the DVD, but insulting his character? That I have a problem with. Yes, he would learn a hell of a lot more if he buys the DVD, but there's no need to insult the mans character. And if your going to say "Well he wont know exactly how it's done because he didn't buy it", I have a problem with too.

I never did this.

Has anyone on this entire site ACTUALLY performed a trick EXACTLY the way it was taught? If you have, that confirms your cronie-ship.

No. I don't even own any T11 product.

Isn't part of what this site is about is taking a trick, and making it your own? if you perform something the exact same way someone else does, then it's not you performing, it's the person that taught you.

Take the time to read my posts. Also incorrect.

So, for him to want to buy the refill on his own, want to make it his own, and want to put the practise in to maybe make it a little better to suit his needs, how is that a disrespect for magic? Seeing as how thats what your accusing him of. Hopefully you actually read this and didn't skim, I hope this changes some of your views. Thank you.

Incorrect.

In general, your post is just plain wrong, and quite a joke. I can see where you're coming from, and I understand your attitude. But you obviously have never read any of my posts regarding magic in general. And I do feel you are venting your opinions in the wrong situation.

I appreciate your input, but I would appreciate it more if you actually knew anything about what I do. Go away, read my posts, come back. And quote me being obsessed with Theory11. Seriously. Go. Find me saying how much I love Theory11. I challenge you.

Have the evidence to back up what you're saying about me, or get out.

Mar 2, 2008
HEY! no need to fight!! He just asked a question and we got into disscusion about disrespecting the art and what-not. Really i would just buy the DVD because you might learn somthing you never of thought of, but if you really just want to buy the gimmick go ahead, you can find it somewhere. but i say buy the DVD if you can.

Jun 30, 2008
Incorrect. Quote me saying something along these lines, I challenge you.

Incorrect.

I agree in principle. But you're applying a general argument to a specific situation.

Incorrect. And laughable. You obviously have never read my posts. Clearly, I absolutely responding in a rash, overbearing manner. /sarcasm

I never did this.

No. I don't even own any T11 product.

Take the time to read my posts. Also incorrect.

Incorrect.

In general, your post is just plain wrong, and quite a joke. I can see where you're coming from, and I understand your attitude. But you obviously have never read any of my posts regarding magic in general. And I do feel you are venting your opinions in the wrong situation.

I appreciate your input, but I would appreciate it more if you actually knew anything about what I do. Go away, read my posts, come back. And quote me being obsessed with Theory11. Seriously. Go. Find me saying how much I love Theory11. I challenge you.

Have the evidence to back up what you're saying about me, or get out.

Your right, I did not read any of your posts before making my post, and I probably shoul have before saying what I said. The part about insulting him was more or less directed towards the people that WERE doing it on the first page, and since your the only one who confronted me about what I said, I figured you were one of the people that did, which you weren't, so I'm sorry about that. And yeah, almost everything I said does not apply to you (oh I'm sure your loving this right now,aren't you?), it does apply to a lot of people on this site though, so I do agree with you 100% about this being me venting in the wrong situation. Cronies just frustrate me A LOT, and I was incorrect (that seems to be a $10 dollar word with you ehh?)
about you being one, so, once again, sorry.
For the people that WERE bashing him on the first page though, I stand by what I said as far as not insulting his character.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results