Little Magic Show

Feb 23, 2008
Hi.
Last wednesday, i went to the bookshop (i go there alot, so the woman who works there knows me), and i went with the cards in my pocket as always.
I was going to buy some envelopes, and she asked for what did i want them, and i said for sending playing cards that i was selling, and he was a little bit confused, so I said to her that i collect cards and that i practice magic.
She asked me to do some tricks, and i did the shapeshifter, and the elevator card trick by Joshua Jay. She liked them alot.
Today i went there again, to buy some things, and to my surprise she asked me to make a small show for the communion party (this religious thing) of her litle daughter.

It will be on May. I want to make a good reoutine, as this will be my first public performace.
There will be small kids like 9-10 years old and the their parents.
What type of routine will be good?? Wich tricks?
Any advice or tips, or anything will be welcome.
Thanks
Kyarox :D

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Because it is some kind or religious event, do Stigmata for kids, and than tell them that you are devil lol. Those kids will never know what hit them lol

I work two jobs, one of them at an elementary school. When it was too dam cold to go out for recess I would show them a few tricks. The same age group (9-10) really enjoyed triumph, card in pocket, any trick where there card happened to be a different color (blue card in red deck or vice versa) or tricks where the selection ends up face up in deck. Patter is key for kids... Hope this helps!

Feb 23, 2008
Hi.
Great ideas there!!! thanks
I dont own sponge balls, but maybe i can buy some and practice this month.
I think Stigamta will be too much XD. The kids will think i´m evil XD.
There will be some parents, another thing i thought was loops, but if its outside and its sunny...
Thanks
Kyarox

Jan 18, 2008
memphis,tn
If you get spongeballs practice HArd, because it wil pay off. I would do simple patter tricks that kids will understand such as ACR, worlds greatest card trick, here then there, card to pocket, levitation, thumbtip stuff, and easy coin stuff,

Hi.
Great ideas there!!! thanks
I dont own sponge balls, but maybe i can buy some and practice this month.
I think Stigamta will be too much XD. The kids will think i´m evil XD.
There will be some parents, another thing i thought was loops, but if its outside and its sunny...
Thanks
Kyarox

You don't own sponge balls?! Shame on you!

JK

You should pick some up ASAP though.

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
Magic Colouring book, Change bag, colour changing silks, sponge balls, any general rope routine, balloon tricks (please give warning before doing balloon swallow)

try to avoid card tricks, you won't be able to hold their attention.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Because it is some kind or religious event, do Stigmata for kids, and than tell them that you are devil lol. Those kids will never know what hit them lol

LOL

Srry, just made me laugh. (I actually do stigmata a lot for church shows- I just don't call it 'stigmata')

My advice would be to use effects that are your best and you are most comfortable with. You can try and change the patter to fit kids of that age, but you will know your stuff.

good luck.

justin

Oct 8, 2007
Visual stuff is key, and patter too. Work out a nice story for them.

See, I tried to do card tricks on kids before. They didn't respond as well as an adult would. Maybe with patter and if you can get them to focus, it'll work out.

Naturally, you'd want to please their eyes and show something with little thinking involved. Ropes, spongeballs, napkins, newspapers, etc come to mind, which I, unfortunately, am not as proficient in as I am with other props.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results