Looking for advice/ideas

Apr 7, 2009
ok, so here's the deal. My gf's bday is coming up next weekend and she's been a huge supporter of my magic, pushing me to do more and even taking it up herself (which makes me really proud). anyway, so i'm planning on proposing to her on her bday but i was looking for some ideas of a good trick or way to "present" the ring in a way that she would really appreciate. and what better place to ask, than here i thought. any insight or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
NO. Not in a million years.

Using magic is probably the WORST way to propose. You should never use magic to help your relationship. I too have a girlfriend who also really loves my magic. But i would never mention anything about magic during a date (unless she brings it up). What i'm saying is that you should just be yourself when it comes to relationships, don't try to go overboard. I'm only 15 so i don't know much about proposals but i do that if i were to try to propose to my girlfriend using magic, she would definitely say no.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
My advice would be (if you are set on using magic) to do something simple. Don't make the proposal about or around the trick, but plan a romantic day together doing some of the things she loves. Spend the whole day together, go to her favorite restaurant for lunch, then take her somewhere fun for dinner, and make sure you can go watch the sunset somewhere. Then do whatever you decide to do. Make it a day she will be proud to tell her girlfriends about. Good luck. ;)

Nov 2, 2008
Arkansas
Don't listen to him. Present it anyway you want. flash paper. definitely use flash paper in some way. wrap the ring in flashpaper. nothing says i love you like a ring appearing in a blaze of fire.

nayost

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
NO. Not in a million years.

Using magic is probably the WORST way to propose. You should never use magic to help your relationship. I too have a girlfriend who also really loves my magic. But i would never mention anything about magic during a date (unless she brings it up). What i'm saying is that you should just be yourself when it comes to relationships, don't try to go overboard. I'm only 15 so i don't know much about proposals but i do that if i were to try to propose to my girlfriend using magic, she would definitely say no.

i must disagree with you on that magicshadow9.

with this type of situation it really depends on the individual you are proposing to. i really don't think members here can give you great ideas on your proposal as none of us here knows your girlfriend better than you.

if your girlfriend loves you and truly wants to be with you she will say yes. even if you go against magicshadow9's advice.

you mentioned that you kind of got her into magic as well? if that really is the case, is she familiar with pk effects? does she know what a pk ring is? if she knows, this might work well.

show her a couple tricks with a real pk ring. then tell her you bough her one as well, but in reality... you have the engagement ring in the pk ring box. when she opens it... you do your thing on the proposal. women likes surprises.

good luck!!!

ps DO NOT USE THE PK RING AS THE ENGAGEMENT RING!!!

ok, so here's the deal. My gf's bday is coming up next weekend and she's been a huge supporter of my magic, pushing me to do more and even taking it up herself (which makes me really proud). anyway, so i'm planning on proposing to her on her bday but i was looking for some ideas of a good trick or way to "present" the ring in a way that she would really appreciate. and what better place to ask, than here i thought. any insight or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Do a ring flight or a Ring box routine and switch for the engagement ring, if you insist on doing it this way.

Not very romantic though.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Alright yea, i think i was bit harsh. It's probably cuz my girlfriend isn't the type of person who wants inference on a date.

Anyways, if you really wanna propose with a trick, you can produce the ring (or the ringbox) with flash paper. You can write "Will you marry me?" on the paper, finger palm the ring, burn the flash paper and produce the ring.

Apr 7, 2009
ok to clear up a few things, first i know she'll say yes. we've already talked about this in depth and she has no clue i'm planning on doing it. i'm planning a day to pamper her and i'm taking her out to eat at her fav restaurant and we will be watching the sunset on my boat. trust me i've got the romantic part down, i was just looking for a way to incorporate magic into it. i wasn't sure on the idea myself and it seems like most are against it, so i might start looking at other ways to present it. Thanks for the suggestions and if anyone else has any ideas or input, feel free to chime in.

and yes, nothing says i love you like flash paper. :)

Sep 1, 2007
Use tagged from ellusionist and get a "Will you marry me?" tatoo on her hand!

I gagged a little at that. Unless you are Core Haim/Feldman and this is actually the late 1980's, I wouldn't recommend something that cornball.

Honest advice? I'd skip the magic on this one. There's so much more you can do that would leave a better lasting impact.

Marcel Proust once said, "If you can listen to a woman speak from sunset to sunrise, she will be delighted, enraptured, and enthralled. And if you can then repeat back to her what she has told you, she'll be yours." Your answer is in that quote. You should already have all the information you need if your relationship is this strong.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results