Looking for card tricks

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
Think I've made so many threads on this already. But I am looking for more card tricks. It is impossible to buy everything and check it out if the trick is what I'm after(sleightwise), even though I am Norwegian and all Norwegians are stinkin' rich.(lol joke)

Tricks I like:
Dr. Daley's Last Trick
Design for laughter
Witness
Biddle trick
King's ace production
The time machine
Invisible reverse

These are the tricks I actually do for people with complete confidence and a trick I'm close to confident in performing soon is "Invisible palm". I think there is a theme going in those tricks: Easy sleights, no backflips required. Simple(not so much back and forth) and not table heavy.(don't have to spread cards all over the place etc.) Shock endings or something really impossible.

I'm looking for similiar tricks and where to find them? If you happen to mention something I own and I don't like it I'll comment on why so people get a better clue of what I'm after.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Jun 1, 2009
I recently started performing anniversary waltz. High impact, fairly simple, you will more than not need a table or platform of some sort though. Very beautiful effect, I highly recommend it.

Jacob

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
oh yeah obviously I do ambitious card as well.

I bought search and destroy and man it is great. Haven't had a chance to try it out on anyone but it is exactly what I'm looking for. I don't know where to find french kiss but watching a video on youtube on it and I think it's something I can use.

Nov 27, 2009
If you like Design for Laughter, check out Now You See It from Royal Road. Very similar effect, but I find it's even stronger. (Side note: My grandma was Norwegian, and very proud of it.)

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yeah obviously I do ambitious card as well.

I bought search and destroy and man it is great. Haven't had a chance to try it out on anyone but it is exactly what I'm looking for. I don't know where to find french kiss but watching a video on youtube on it and I think it's something I can use.

Art of Magic DVD - It has some killer effects and Wayne has excellent showmanship.

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
Akira Fujii has some excellent stuff in his Encyclopedia of card magic.

EDIT: Oh and, did you check The Wire?

Sep 12, 2011
Asheville, N.C.
One of my favorites is Card to Mouth. It's good as a really quick, simple trick, but I really love it in an ACR. It is on this site as a download, but honestly it's so simple you can figure it out if you watch it. I also use Subway by Dan and Dave a lot; also available as a download (or in the Trilogy).

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dislike "time machine" and "invisible reverse". Maybe it's because I have never seen a presentation I like, but I really dislike these effects. I mean really with the invisible reverse what is the point of producing the 4 aces? Unless you need them for your next effect there is not point. And I can think of alot better ways to produce the aces.

Time machine is short and anti climatic. It just seems to confuse most spectators. Confusion isn't magic.

Dec 8, 2011
Allan Ackerman's Prequel Sequel routine is very strong and a lot of top pros are using it in their shows right now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results