Loops advice

Oct 6, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
My problem is that after the trick is finished I have an issue with the IT getting caught on tiny hairs on my hands or fingers which causes it to come back to the original hand in a weird tangled way. Sometimes it isn't even wrapped around my hand anymore and I have it hanging on in a weird position.
Wasn't sure if this was a common thing when trying to finish among people or if I am just finishing in a weird way.

Oct 19, 2015
Learning to use this is challenging. I too am in the early stages of learning....but you can do so many amazing things, once you learn how to deal with it! My biggest problem is breaking it! I read somewhere that a bit of stretching is necessary when starting on a new one. I think this helps, but still... I keep 2-3 on my wrist as back up for those I lose while performing....

Reactions: 010rusty

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
When you practice the routine, practice turning the action of putting the loop back in place properly as well.

When I used to do stuff with loops I had the same problem. I have a patch of hair on the outside edge of both hands which would often catch the loop if I just kind of let it go. So I worked at basically revolving one hand around the other to place the loop back at the wrist, and turned that into a gesture that made sense in the context of the trick.

Oct 6, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
When you practice the routine, practice turning the action of putting the loop back in place properly as well.

When I used to do stuff with loops I had the same problem. I have a patch of hair on the outside edge of both hands which would often catch the loop if I just kind of let it go. So I worked at basically revolving one hand around the other to place the loop back at the wrist, and turned that into a gesture that made sense in the context of the trick.

Gets caught on the outside edge of my hand as well. I don't particularly like using Loops anymore but when people hear you levitate a card its all they want to see so I figured I should just suck it up and use it as a closing effect but I want to finish clean and letting go just isn't cutting it. I'll work on placing it back instead of letting go! Thanks!

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I also used to have the same problem. They would get caught on the hairs on my arm and I couldn't pick it back up, or I'd end up breaking it. I actually stopped using them because of this, as I wasn't comfortable knowing I was gonna break the loop if it got stuck.

I haven't practiced with loops in over a year... In fact, this post reminded me I had some :D Thanks! I might go try them out again.

Oct 6, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I also used to have the same problem. They would get caught on the hairs on my arm and I couldn't pick it back up, or I'd end up breaking it. I actually stopped using them because of this, as I wasn't comfortable knowing I was gonna break the loop if it got stuck.

I haven't practiced with loops in over a year... In fact, this post reminded me I had some :D Thanks! I might go try them out again.

The reactions you get from using them are some of the best! I am just not a huge fan because it isn't exactly that much fun for me to perform. But when levitating card, it is something that people remember and keep talking about so I figure if I use them I should do it right.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results