Luke Jermay

Oct 11, 2007
Hey guys, I was wondering what Luke Jermay's best product out there is. I was thinking of getting 7 deceptions, Skullduggery, or 3510. Do you have any input or advice on what to buy?

Thanks,
emagician

I enjoy Luke's work a lot. I find that even the pieces that rely on suggestion, as many do in 7 Deceptions and Building Blocks, are quite workable given the proper attention by the performer.

I think one must consider their audience when getting into Luke's work. His work ranges from very commercial (in this case I'm using the term to denote the range of performers who will find a home for the material) to very narrow.

I'd recommend you pick up Skullduggery with any of the books you purchase for two reasons: 1) When you read some of the more offbeat stuff, your first thoughts will be similar to "Yeah right, that'd never work." It helps that you get to see it work. 2) On top of seeing it work, watching Luke will give you an idea of WHY it works.

7 Deceptions is a good starting point to introduce yourself to Luke's work.

Good luck!

May 19, 2008
manchester
yeah, 7 deceptions is the book, skullduggery is the dvd, skullduggery has 8 effects, but the quality (of the dvd) isnt (apparently).

Dec 10, 2007
Slovenia (Europe)
Building blocks.

People can feel the coin bending in their hands, they can feel the forks getting worm and twisting and much more since I've read that. It just changes your magic and adds a whole new twist to it.

-Seb

Apr 27, 2008
I have quite a few things from Luke Jermay and it depends on who you perform tricks for. If you perform for rednecks, self-absorbed, obnoxious people then skullduggery is not for you or any of the suggestion techniques because they just won't work. I can get the suggestion working only a quarter of the time because most people aren't paying close enough attention, maybe try some of Kenton Knepper's stuff or Banacheks.

You can't really go wrong with any of his stuff. I have building blocks and skullduggery. Suggestion is one of those things that I think is really important to see it performed to get presentation and the timing just right.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Suggestion is one of those things that I think is really important to see it performed to get presentation and the timing just right.

I would say this is half-true. However, it's not going to work if you just mimic Luke's performance and timing. You need to understand why his particular style works, and then apply those rules to your own persona. This sounds more complicated that it is, basically, I'm just saying be natural and don't think you have to do it just like him. Suggestion is essentially just telling someone what to do, albeit in a subtle way, so you can over-think it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results