Magic Banned at School!

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
ur very much stereotyping teenagers right now, and let me say right off the bat that i dont fit into this stereotype...sorta. i say like a lot and im somewhat temperamental yes (and im all for stereotyping ;) ) but i completely understand all of this. some people think its ok, some dont...everyone has there opinions. my personal opinion is just dont do it around the teacher that told me not too...and thats worked for me so far (of course its only been 3 days). i broke out my knowledge of redline and started doing that again...and thats goin good, and i understand where your coming from about taxpayers...but be honest, yout tax money is being spent poorly elsewhere (like when Obama HAD to take the airforce 1 picture over New York for 368,000), but i see where your coming from

please dont argue too much :D
max

as long as it doesn't turn into throwing insults, arguing is good. It makes people think. Which, contrary to popular belief is good.

Good for you for being different, but teenagers really do deserve the stereotype they've been given.

Jul 28, 2009
New York City
They banned magic at my school at the end of last year. I was pretty upset about it, and got 3 decks taken away. Afterwards, I got to know the superintendent who is on the Board of Education, and had her propose a club for magic, with me as the head. It turns out that she had taught my dad when he went to high school. Now I get asked to do small performances in class when a teacher has nothing planned.

Nov 8, 2009
Explain to me why that isn't a good reason, I fail to see it. If you are paying to go to school would you spend the time you paid for, jacking off in the back of the room, when you can easily do it in your bedroom?

So you are promoting doing magic alone in your bedroom?

When you say:
it's basically like saying

"NO FUN AT SCHOOL..STUDY ONLY!!"

That isn't what I am saying at all, if you have to use magic to have fun in high school you got problems. There are other options other then performing magic or trying to figure out how to beat the system.

i dotn belive that the mindset is
'AHH, i cant do what i want! Screw The System!!.
but its more or less wanting the teachers to understand the harmlessness of the activity. there is nothing wrong with using magic to have fun in high school.
Huzzah for you graduation and your good grades blah blah blah everyone's done it, unless they have a GED. I am a graduate of two years, does that make this post any more credible?

The answer is no just in case.

ok, when your done being snobby, and having the "school was easy, big deal you got good grades" attitude...... it does make the post as credible as yours.
What exactly is your point?

Sep 14, 2009
Well, a few years back when I was a freshman.. I went into the cafateria lunch bathroom.. And there was a group of prdominantly black people huddled on the floor with a pile of one dollar bills and a pair of gambling dice.

They asked me if I wanted to bet...

Unfortunately, I whipped out my 3 card monte. (ok, maybe I didn't do that, but I just left.)

Jul 13, 2009
So you are promoting doing magic alone in your bedroom?

HAHAHAHAHHAH! Nice try, that was not what I was implying at all. My analogy was meant to mean, you can practice magic in other places other then in school. Just like you can jack off in your bedroom and not disrupt anyone.

Now I don't see why people still get bent out of shape that people are doing magic in their bedroom. Has it ever occurred to anyone that not every magician can afford a camera crew, or doesn't have a reliable friend to film magic for them?

i dotn belive that the mindset is
'AHH, i cant do what i want! Screw The System!!.
but its more or less wanting the teachers to understand the harmlessness of the activity. there is nothing wrong with using magic to have fun in high school.

I do not know what you are referring to. The words in between the quotation marks, aren't my words hence the quotation marks, just an fyi it's from post number 50. Okay now here is a set of words I am going to put in quotation and address from you.

"It's more or less wanting the teacher to understand the harmlessness of the activity."

Well first of all it isn't your job to educate the teacher! What you all fail to understand is this. When you are dropped off at your school, your parental guardians are handing over their parentship to the principal. In short when you step on school property you are stripped of most of your rights and instead of being governed by your parents, you are now governed by your temporary guardians in school (Teachers, Principal, etc.)

ok, when your done being snobby, and having the "school was easy, big deal you got good grades" attitude...... it does make the post as credible as yours.
What exactly is your point?

Pfft if you don't like my attitude don't respond, credibility is very debatable. Now if you missed my point which you clearly did "What Exactly is your point?" I will refer you to post number 53 very last paragraph that begins with "MY POINT..."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results