Magic Castle

Jun 4, 2008
san clemente, ca
I made it in the Junior program! I'm really excited. I had low expectations on making it in. So I'm stoked. Just thought I'd let you guys since I was nervous as hell before. Thanks for the help, everybody in the magic community.
-Jacob

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
congrats bro....unfortunatly i didnt. They said the trick i performed was to "easy"

The great irony of the magical community.

Magic is a performing art, the "experts" say. Magic is about creating the experience for laymen.

As they judge your sleight of hand skill standing in front of a panel of magicians.

-_-"

Congrats to jackeduprex though, it's nonetheless an achievement. I also like your quote in your sig.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
The great irony of the magical community.

Magic is a performing art, the "experts" say. Magic is about creating the experience for laymen.

As they judge your sleight of hand skill standing in front of a panel of magicians.

-_-"

Congrats to jackeduprex though, it's nonetheless an achievement. I also like your quote in your sig.

Which is generally why you shouldn't let try to impress other magicians. You'll just end up depressed and wanting to murder them in their sleep. It's best focusing more on just performing for lay people.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Congrats to all who made it and try again for those who didn't. It may just take a little more work polishing your piece. Looking forward to seeing some of these young guys come up through the ranks.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
ha! reverhart said "polishing your piece".
sorry, it's early and i'm a little punchy.
congrats people!
cheers!

Aug 23, 2009
i

i didnt get in. i was doing blind and hoffzy ozbournre. they said blind was too easy and for me to come back

Aug 31, 2007
Chances are if you didn't get in, it isn't the trick-It's your performance and your presence. Did you speak up? Did make sure you looked up at the audience most of the time? Did you have good posture? And were you entertaining? The tricks should be the least of your worries, make sure you take all of these things among many others into affect.

Mar 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Chances are if you didn't get in, it isn't the trick-It's your performance and your presence. Did you speak up? Did make sure you looked up at the audience most of the time? Did you have good posture? And were you entertaining? The tricks should be the least of your worries, make sure you take all of these things among many others into affect.

my note basicially said that chicago opener was to easy. I talked with paul green about and he was shocked as well.

Jun 4, 2008
san clemente, ca
It's all based on presentation. I did one effect for about 3:30. I totally thought I went too short. So I was surprised I made it.
First off all I have to say is be yourself and connect with audiences when doing magic.
I did my own version of D.M.'s Memento deck and it went great. It's an amazing effect I thank Daniel for.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results