Magic or Card Related Movies

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Hi! Just to tell you guys that I just bought daniel madison Dangerous !!! wouuju! I almost cried, whatever, I like a lot those movies related to cards or magic, I have already saw The prestige, The illusionist, SMoking aces ( the guy they want to kill is a magiciian) and I am currently viewing "21" Is there any other movie that I should check?? see you later guys!

Jan 29, 2008
MPLS, MN
www.maydey.com
Try watching 'Rounders', it stars Matt Damon and Edward Norton. Damon is an incredible hold 'em player, while Norton is a crooked card sharp ruining Damon's business. It's a great little film.

Nov 6, 2007
Yeah Shade is an awesome movie. Anyone who hasn't seen it should definitely check it out. Make sure to get the DVD with the special features :)

As already meantioned, Rounders is a great film. I personally think it's the best poker movie out there to date.

The Cincinatti Kid is also a good movie, although it is quite old. It's quite funny how they had a man do "lady fingers'" cardwork during her scene. You can clearly tell they painted the man's finger nails with nail polish. It's quite humorous imo.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Daniel Madison

Man, A little off topic, I just finished watching "21" and I wanna say that it remembered me a lot of daniel madison, and just to add, One of my card heroes is Brian tudor, But right now my example is daniel madison.

Im glad he is getting married =D

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Shade is amazing, a pretty bad film but some amazing scenes with cards. Paul Wilson did the opening scenes and shows off some awesome switches and changes.

Illusionist by Clive Barker is a pretty bad film, but they filmed a few scenes in the magic castle, so it's worth a watch.

Smokin' aces... the bucks did some habd double stuff in there where they did the card skills that were apparently performed by Niven.

CL

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
There is this jackie chan film named city hunter.
There is a character who kills people by throwing cards.
hes a good guy though.
Its based off a japanese comic strip or book.

Jul 13, 2008
yah, i really like illusionist, much better than the prestige with christian bale. had more about magic in a sense than the prestige which was more hollywood flashy i thought

definite + for rounders

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
The movie "Deal", is card related.. It has nothing to do with magic or skills, but, it's about a guy playing poker for a living and want to enter WPC final table....

TWB

Aug 23, 2008
Try watching Next. I haven't seen it but I do know Nicolas Cage plays a magician in it.

Peace out,
TWB

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
hey guys I remember a lot a movie of mel gibson.... He was acting as a guy in the old west who played cards, he entered a tournament and he won it, his dad was a sheriff or something, does aynone know the name of the movie?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results