Magic That Rocks

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
I'm curious.
In your opinion, what is magic that doesn't suck.
What are those effects that gather "screams" from audiences for you.
You know, those David Blaine reactions, the reactions that make us want to be in magic.
I don't ask this as a Newbie or someone wanting to buy the next cool trick. I'm curious to as what you would perform as an effect if you wanted to gather those reactions.

Here is my starter:
Sean Fields Materialism from his X-Rated notes.

Who's Next?

Apparently my title was edited from "magic that doesn't suck..."

Last edited by a moderator:
May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hmm...

Cool topic,

I use a combination of Witness and Stigmata, putting my hand in between the sandwich of the plastic bag (the zip part hanging out so they know I am not putting in different cards...etc.) and have my other spectator squeeze my arm while touching the other spectators hands. This creates sort of a "circuit" (as I call it) and I say once I use the stigmata revelation "now all that energy had to go somewhere..." this usually get's great reactions... :)

*next...:D

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Alright, I'm now going to add something.
how about effects that are *NOT* from theory 11 artists or ellusionist or any of those type sites.

What is something is pulling your spectators attention and making them scream?

Feb 28, 2008
This isn't on one of the big sites like T11 or Ellusionist, but Glenn West's "Forgery" has been getting good reaction for me... I do a similar patter to Paschall does on Believe when I perform it and it's been doing well for me.

But also, I think the placement of a trick often gets people to scream... you do an ACR and a triumph routine or something like that to warm people up and then these really strong tricks like Forgery or Witness really get people after you've gain their trust.

Next :)

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Well, i know an underground TnR that can get amazing reactions, but you excluded things from t11 and E artists. I'd have to say an inversion routine I do. And no, it's not in Inversion Theory.

David

In my opinion, it's doesn't matter what trick you do to get a good reaction. It's how you perform a trick to get you such a reaction. You're right, the trick do have some point to get a good reaction, but the way you present the trick is more important.

I hope this helps.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results