Make a coin gripper!!

Dec 12, 2018
Hi guys!

First and foremost I am a card magician but I've been wanting to get into coins for a long time.

I live if England and managed to grab a few US half dollar coins but due to use and circulation. (Most are from the 70s) they are really quite smooth and the ridges are gone.
I've googled but couldn't find an answer.

Is there a way to make smooth coins gripper?
Is there a mat spray or anything that will allow the coin to grip better then going and buying a gripper coin?

Thank you kindly.
Jimmy

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Go to your local coin show and buy some uncirculated coins from the dealers. Some come out better than others, but you can get half dollars with nice sharp edges if you look.

Apr 9, 2016
Hi guys!

First and foremost I am a card magician but I've been wanting to get into coins for a long time.

I live if England and managed to grab a few US half dollar coins but due to use and circulation. (Most are from the 70s) they are really quite smooth and the ridges are gone.
I've googled but couldn't find an answer.

Is there a way to make smooth coins gripper?
Is there a mat spray or anything that will allow the coin to grip better then going and buying a gripper coin?

Thank you kindly.
Jimmy

(Mods, nuke if out of line here.)

I know E sold uncirc $0.50 pieces for a while, cheap enough. Think I paid under $10 US for 4 of em. May be a good option for you. (Just checked, $2.25 ea, Kennedy Half Dollars, in stock.)

Jul 6, 2019
2.25 for a coin thats still being minted is absurd. Granted I guess if you live in the UK that make sense. But yeah I just get them from the bank in near uncirculated condition because nobody ever actually carries them.

Apr 9, 2016
2.25 for a coin thats still being minted is absurd. Granted I guess if you live in the UK that make sense. But yeah I just get them from the bank in near uncirculated condition because nobody ever actually carries them.

To each his own. They do a lot of business in the UK/Europe. Many people still live in very rural areas, $7 doesn't buy much gas these days, making that again a very reasonable option for many. I'd rather see the offer than not, it's far from absurd.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results