Making people hear noises

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Ah, well, this was fun while it lasted but oh well.

So here's what I've found - There's two products on the magic market that allow one to do this. One is "ParaWave" Paralabs. It's $1,600+. The other is "Inception" by ProMystic, and is $1,200+. Well outside the budget of most casual performers (and myself, currently - I'd rather get emotion box for half that).

Am I positive? Not quite. Could have been something else, but it fits.

Mar 8, 2018
Ah, well, this was fun whithankle it lasted but oh well.

So here's what I've found - There's two products on the magic market that allow one to do this. One is "ParaWave" Paralabs. It's $1,600+. The other is "Inception" by ProMystic, and is $1,200+. Well outside the budget of most casual performers (and myself, currently - I'd rather get emotion box for half that).

Ah, well, this was fun while it lasted but oh well.

thank u man so i will never buy this product but if this device make sb hear whatever u want then thats why its so expensive

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I understand why it's expensive, and I have no doubts about ParaLabs service and products. I'm not as familiar with ProMystic but they have a good reputation.

But a not insignificant amount of the price will simply be that very few people are capable of building it to this degree of versatility. You can get a device that will allow you to create a fairly similar effect for around $150 if you search enough (no, I won't tip that one, Google is your friend), but it won't do as much as either of those devices I mentioned above.

Mar 8, 2018
-
I understand why it's expensive, and I have no doubts about ParaLabs service and products. I'm not as familiar with ProMystic but they have a good reputation.

But a not insignificant amount of the price will simply be that very few people are capable of building it to this degree of versatility. You can get a device that will allow you to create a fairly similar effect for around $150 if you search enough (no, I won't tip that one, Google is your friend), but it won't do as much as either of those devices I mentioned above.
so what these sites makes ?? they are specific sites that sell specific magic products??

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yes. ProMystic and ParaLabs both specialize in mentalist products. Frequently electronics. They are often quite expensive. Theory11 sells a ParaLabs product - the ParaPad, which is an impression pad.

Mar 8, 2018
Yes. ProMystic and ParaLabs both specialize in mentalist products. Frequently electronics. They are often quite expensive. Theory11 sells a ParaLabs product - the ParaPad, which is an impression pad.
So in that case the specific item we found is doing what making other people hear something? just by touching them? who it works?

Mar 8, 2018
You can figure out how it works with Google. I encourage it, it's an interesting field with a lot of potential.
i dont know even who it loooks like omg i really wanna find more for this object. when you know that there is a machine gimmick call it whatever you want out there, yoou thing that your magic is not as good as these!

Apr 26, 2013
You can figure out how it works with Google. I encourage it, it's an interesting field with a lot of potential.

Christopher is very right about this technology/field being very interesting. I kickstarted two items that were based on this technology (one I received already, and it was a cycling helmet and I got really excited about how I could use this technology to expand upon existing principles for some cool routines - similar to the coincidence that occurs when you start thinking about a song and turn on the car radio and that specific song is playing. I am excite, but not surprised, to see that others had similar creative thought processes and releases in that technology.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
It really was inevitable. As soon as this sort of thing got to be more accessible to the public, magicians would be all over that. It's just obscure enough still to be really useful.

Jun 28, 2017
Known Universe
I saw Oz Pearlman also do this on the Today show. exact same hand positioning on the person's head. I have only seen it those two times, so I assume it really is just those 1k+ products that exist using that, as Oz and Chris definitely have the money to use it. BUT, Chris did say this is something he had been working on for a long time, so I dont know if that is the specific routine or the thing itself to get the voice in the head. Because it doesn't seem as thought it would take a long time to come up with the idea of someone else naming a thought of card...

EDIT: Also, does anyone know of some good short videos/books to get me started in that? Have become more interested in that over magic lately.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
In psychological forces? Peter Turner has a decent sized eBook on the subject - probably a good place to immerse yourself. It's mentioned in several resources such as Derren Brown's books, but what it really comes down to is finding your own scripting that plants an idea.

Jun 28, 2017
Known Universe
In psychological forces? Peter Turner has a decent sized eBook on the subject - probably a good place to immerse yourself. It's mentioned in several resources such as Derren Brown's books, but what it really comes down to is finding your own scripting that plants an idea.
Thanks! Do you ever leave this website Chris? I have literally NEVER seen your profile where there isnt that green triangle on it :D. Your awesome.

Reactions: TeddyB5

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I frequent the forums when I'm working. I work 9-5, Mon-Fri, and will pop in once or twice over the weekend, too.

Mar 8, 2018
so guys i noticed that when she reveal the card on chris video before revealing he was pointing her a little before revealing the card so he knows or maybe he hears what she hears

Mar 8, 2018
so guys i noticed that when she reveal the card on chris video before revealing he was pointing her a little before revealing the card so he knows or maybe he hears what she hears
guys check it out at tje 3 58 to 4 00 of the clip u can clearly see it pointing her reveal the card

byronblaq

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
It's an expensive product that generates brilliant results but again, very expensive.

Easily over the $1000 mark, even second hand.

I don't own the product but have a close friend who is a full time magician and even then he uses it sparingly to get the most out of it.

I would argue that despite how powerful this effect can be, if you are learning mentalism (or magic) and are in the relatively early stages, the money can be spent on better foundations to add something like this down the track.

TL DR it's expensive, if you're not already performing powerful mentalism, spend the money on foundational work first.

B

StevenL11398

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Hong Kong SAR
It's an expensive product that generates brilliant results but again, very expensive.

Easily over the $1000 mark, even second hand.

I don't own the product but have a close friend who is a full time magician and even then he uses it sparingly to get the most out of it.

I would argue that despite how powerful this effect can be, if you are learning mentalism (or magic) and are in the relatively early stages, the money can be spent on better foundations to add something like this down the track.

TL DR it's expensive, if you're not already performing powerful mentalism, spend the money on foundational work first.

B

Totally agree, have a few magician friends who are celebrity magicians / consultant bought that, and then they have been very successful in their career and unless a magician fully proficient in their performance, such powerful gadget won't made you a quantum leap in your ability.

All in all, in mentalism performance and the performer is the key, fundamental and basics in magic is most important in all branches of magic.

Sep 25, 2019
I guess that last word can be confusing. Yes, I think there is a product named Alien Mind Reading that even has direct connection with internet through your mobile. It can send any sound or music when skull is touched... And comes with an inject-like system.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results