Master of Illusion... nothing new?

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Yes, I know what you mean- I'm against stereotyping, as well, but I've learned to accept it.
I've always preferred to beat it down with an ugly stick.

Your way is probably more wise.

Back on topic: Maybe Chase had a wrong preconception for some reason but he didnt say why. Dan hasnt done one thing Satanic and has nothing to do with those Chase listed.

Sorry if i disappoint you but I'm not a satan worshiper, I'm a very spiritual Christian...and I got into that club for free, so far so good. Don't worry, those that know me know I'm not going to shove it in your face or force it on you so you can all sit back down now and relax haha but I don't want this to turn into a big ol' religious debate and stuff so let's steer away from that now but there's your answer haha...

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Wow. I was joking, but that got stirred up pretty good.
Thanks for the lecture FlySpazz. I actually saw that afterschool special, so I'm pickin up what you're layin down.
I'm a licensed minister, and I happened to know about Sperry's faith so I was just picking at him a bit. After all, no one wears that much eye makeup to blend in and have no one notice them.
So, for the record, I was just joking, Sperry is not a Devil worshipper, and I'm not stereotyping anyone. Except Scientologists. Screw the Scientologists.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Well he is a stage magician so he has to make himself look larger than life. Otherwise he would just look like any other Stage performer out there.

yeah...i don't know why either...perhaps they're behind in editing? but yes they're re-running the first 4 shows then continuing on with 5-13 after that as normally planned. there could be many reaons for this like it's the network's idea or perhaps some footage just didn't turn out or something - really anything is possible. who knows though, its TV

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Dan,
Do you know what episode you bird routine will be in?

No offense, I really enjoy the show but the editing really makes it seem like everyone is rushing through their routines. Other than that its nice to see magic on TV without having to hear "ARE YOU READY" every 5 seconds.

Did anyone see the most on iTricks about why they think Masters Of Illusion is not catching national appeal?

They have the theory that because there is no huge illusion or escape to top off the show (unlike the original Masters Of Illusion, Angel's shows, Blaine's shows, etc.) that it is just not grabbing attention and lacks that hook. From a magicians standpoint I am sooo glad to not have to watch Franz Harary over-hype an escape during the whole damn show, but I can see where this would be lacking from a a laymen perspective.

Thoughts?

C

yes we did film additional material after the fact...originally they wanted me to do 4 things, 2 of which would be two of my big illusions but i could not get them ready in time as i was on the road the entire week up to when i needed to film so the best i could offer was what you've seen me do...two of the other smaller things i offered the network said they wouldn't air - loveley - but then i was later contacted to shoot those 10 street magic segments, so i know they are in the process of editing more footage for further shows. My bird act is on the world magic awards, I did not want to do it on masters of illusion since i'm not really putting the bird act out there anymore for several reasons, but it is slowly going into retirement.

yes we did film additional material after the fact...originally they wanted me to do 4 things, 2 of which would be two of my big illusions but i could not get them ready in time as i was on the road the entire week up to when i needed to film so the best i could offer was what you've seen me do...two of the other smaller things i offered the network said they wouldn't air - loveley - but then i was later contacted to shoot those 10 street magic segments, so i know they are in the process of editing more footage for further shows. My bird act is on the world magic awards, I did not want to do it on masters of illusion since i'm not really putting the bird act out there anymore for several reasons, but it is slowly going into retirement.

Guh wha? The dove act going into retirement? Wow

Magic News Wire just did an article on the fact that My Network TV is scaling back original content production, and it was feared that MOI would be in this group. Thankfully it seems they were indeed just behind on editing and *fingers crossed* next week may be a new show.

C

Nov 30, 2007
yeah...i don't know why either...perhaps they're behind in editing? but yes they're re-running the first 4 shows then continuing on with 5-13 after that as normally planned. there could be many reaons for this like it's the network's idea or perhaps some footage just didn't turn out or something - really anything is possible. who knows though, its TV

I'm pretty sure Dan really knows why there is a re-run on. He rigged it so America could see him on TV again! No just kidding but in all seriousness I loved watching the coin routine again.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results