Max Maven: RIP

Magic lost a legend last night. I'm saddened to hear that Max Maven went to join the rest of the greats whose shoulders we still stand upon.
I don't think modern mentalism would be where it is today without Max's influence. I owe a lot of my own mentalism routines to his influence. He was, and I don't use this term lightly, a genius. Well spoken, and deeply thought provoking.

Sadly, my personal interactions with him around the Magic Castle was minimal. I remember meeting him for the first time. I had confessed to him that I used to think he was the devil when I was a kid watching him on the old magic TV shows. He laughed and took it in good stride.
I don't think I have any photos to post with him, so this wall of text will have to do.

Too many mentors have gone this year. Too many legends have left us. I hope the next generation is ready to step up. Because the void being left behind is growing by the day.
Thank you sir, you've done well. Rest in peace.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I was watching him on YouTube last month demonstrating the Gilbreath Principle. He performed a couple of tricks using it. I heard about the news on my FB group. Sorry to hear of his passing, I believe he had a brain tumor if I am not mistaken. Very sad news.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Rest In Peace. He was truly one of the greats. I didn't know he was 71 years old. I also didn't know that he appeared on Mork and Mindy in 1982. OK, I'm probably one of three people on the forums that remember watching Mork and Mindy.

His book Prism is one of the essentials for mental magic. His card work by his given name also is impressive. We've lost a legend.

PeterC9

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2017
Like many...gone too soon. To the next generation reflect please on the true dedication these greats had to the art of magic...not for a quick dollar but to improve and elevate the art for those who will follow and also for those who see magic as a way to bring imagination and wonder to all.....

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results