Mentalism: where to start and what to get?

Dec 5, 2007
Hello everyone!

I have been thinking about geting into mentalism for a long time, and now when i got some money for christmas im going to order some stuff.

This time i want to learn in the right way and learn the basics first and then move to more advanced stuff and not doing like i did when i started magic 5 years ago and just bought everything that looked cool to find out that its way to hard for me.

So my question is, where should i start and what should i get?

You can recommend me some advanced stuff becaus im going to place a big order so ill just put away the advanced stuff for later.

Just anything, it can be singel effects dvds books.

Thank you! :)

Oct 8, 2007
The first thing you should start out with is 13 steps to mentalism(Book) , and then maybe Luke Jermay stuff.

Sep 1, 2007
The first thing you should start out with is 13 steps to mentalism(Book) , and then maybe Luke Jermay stuff.

No and no.

I would urge you to first pick up a copy of Fundamentals of Mentalism by Bob Cassidy. Then get 13 Steps and Anneman's Practical Mental Effects and 202 Methods of Forcing.

Fundamentals includes a chapter called 39 Steps to Mentalism that goes over 39 different instructional materials essential to any mentalist. It's sure to keep you busy.

Luke Jermay's work is more suited to an experienced showman as it relies heavily on linguistic persuasion and absolute confidence. It's not for amateurs.

Some of Kenton Knepper's works are good once you have a good foundation. Completely Cold, Miracles of Suggestion, and the Wonder Words series are brilliant and help the transition into intermediate work.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Whilst I do not own it myself, 13 Steps to mentalism by Tony Corinda is considered the best place to start, and lays down the foundation neccesary to get into Mentalism. I would definitely start that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results