Most visual effect?

Apr 14, 2011
What is the most visual effect you guys perform? Mine is either smoke, this 'n' that, orrr... VGH 2.0 by Calen Morelli.

What about you guys? Why do you like it, and how is it visual?

Jan 11, 2011
WOW 2.0. Without a doubt. What's more visual than a card changing before their very eyes? I'll tell you: NOTHING.

Sep 17, 2007
I love super visual stuff. However, I feel that these days, that's all anyone wants to do. The problem with a lot of visual effects is that they can't happen in the spectator's hand and they immediately draw suspicion.

Like I said, while I love a good hyper visual piece of eye candy as much as the next guy, I tend to only do one super visual piece per set. I have found that stuff that gets the strongest reactions from lay people is the stuff that happens in their hands. Implicit stuff. Remember, visual or non-visual, the magic always happens in their mind. And sometimes what they don't see is more powerful than what they do see.

I should also mention that when I do visual stuff, I make sure it's really clean looking or easy to clean up. My effect Exposure, for example. It's a visual appearance of a signed card inside of a card case. The clean up is super simple and happens right in front of their noses.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Liquid Metal (Liquid Metal 2)
Pressure
Smoke

Giant ID trick on stage is pretty visual.

Heck, a simple Erdnase change can be visual.

The idea of being "visual" is quite vast and encompasses many different types of "visuality" (this was a redundant sentence and now I am over explaining the redundancy). That being said, the most "visual" thing I do is either Liquid Metal or stuff with loops.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
This is a little fun visual trick I came up with in 5 minutes back in June. Check out the other videos on the channel too, most of it is all super visual stuff.

[video=youtube;s4co2ZLqcUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4co2ZLqcUw[/video]

Lloyd

Apr 14, 2011
@Cameron, Very true. That is why I like tricks that clean up in the middle of the trick. Like Calen Morelli's Loop/rubberband trick on f(9). As you do the final effect you clean up. Very smooth.

@TokyoUW, Can you tell me what you think of liquid metal? I kinda want to get it.

@LBarnes, OMFG. I really really like that trick. Do you show how to do it anywhere?

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
This is a little fun visual trick I came up with in 5 minutes back in June. Check out the other videos on the channel too, most of it is all super visual stuff.

[video=youtube;s4co2ZLqcUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4co2ZLqcUw[/video]

Lloyd

@Cameron, Very true. That is why I like tricks that clean up in the middle of the trick. Like Calen Morelli's Loop/rubberband trick on f(9). As you do the final effect you clean up. Very smooth.

@TokyoUW, Can you tell me what you think of liquid metal? I kinda want to get it.

@LBarnes, OMFG. I really really like that trick. Do you show how to do it anywhere?

I'm not teaching it anywhere at the moment but I might put it up on The Wire or my own site soon. If there's enough interest in it.

Cheers for the good words! :D

Lloyd

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I'm not teaching it anywhere at the moment but I might put it up on The Wire or my own site soon.
Don't. It's not strong enough and it's not a new idea. It is very simple and easy to do if someone spends a bit of time with a book like bobo's.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
If I could "like" that post I would Lloyd. I was going to say it's more like lecture notes material. Seems we're on the same wavelength.

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
For me it's industrial revelation, rising voodoo doll, and an erdnase color change. These effects are vidual but not too visual that will make the spectators think that you're using sleight of hands to accomplish the effect.

@JevonSP Liquid Metal 1 is very good. I highly recommend it if your serious about trying to do Fork Bending. I utilize the moves but change up the routine myself. Also, on Disc 3 (I believe, it's one of the discs) of Banacheks Psi Series he has some nice bends I forks, spoons, nails, and keys. All very visual, Liquid Metal is just taking fork bending to a whole other level.

I would however stay away from Liquid Metal 2. I don't own it, but I notice some "sneaky" marketing and psycholocial ploys with the sale of that item, and all the reviews of it that I've seen are terrible.

Good luck with whatever your decision is!

Apr 14, 2011
@LBarnes, Thats disappointing! I'd like to learn it.

@David, Thanks for the info, I'm really thinking about getting Liquid Metal 1 now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results