Music for Stage Shows

Jul 25, 2008
Upstate New York
Hey, I recently auditioned for a talent show on stage near my house. The lady who judged me said the only thing I needed to work on was the music and the other things I will do. She said that the presentation of the tricks was great, and my tricks didn't need working on at all. According to her, it was perfect. She just wants me to make it funny and have some kind of "different" weird music for kids. Obviously I know about Dana Hocking and I know about the Magic Enhancer Volume 1. Those are awesome, but does anyone know any great music for a stage that has kids in the audience from about 5 - 10?

Here is kind of an example of what I'm looking for

These kind of songs are a bit annoying for me. But they are great for the audience and kids in the background.

Thanks

- Jesse

Jul 13, 2009
I suggest the Bake a Cake song, the small song in Willie Wonka could work "Its a mean cruel world" song.

*puts on his serious face*

No but if you want happy slappy songs, look into 1920 Jazz and Ragtime music.

May 31, 2008
I wonder if I'm the only kid in the world who hated that kind of music. It's not only annoying, but not funny at all. I hate what adults think children find funny.

I find that magicians highly underestimate the intelligence of children. I remember one time reading in a forum that you should never show card tricks to children under the age of ten. I was learning card tricks at age eight.

If you find that kind of music annoying, don't use it in your show. That's what I would do. Don't sell out.

Congrats on getting a spot in the show, and I wish you luck.

Jul 25, 2008
Upstate New York
I suggest the Bake a Cake song, the small song in Willie Wonka could work "Its a mean cruel world" song.

*puts on his serious face*

No but if you want happy slappy songs, look into 1920 Jazz and Ragtime music.

Thanks a lot I guess I will look into that and make sure its not too annoying. I mean, if I don't like it, I can't see how adults would. Although the kids may think its funny.

I wonder if I'm the only kid in the world who hated that kind of music. It's not only annoying, but not funny at all. I hate what adults think children find funny.

I find that magicians highly underestimate the intelligence of children. I remember one time reading in a forum that you should never show card tricks to children under the age of ten. I was learning card tricks at age eight.

If you find that kind of music annoying, don't use it in your show. That's what I would do. Don't sell out.

Congrats on getting a spot in the show, and I wish you luck.

Ok thanks a lot DaveyG. I have to find some upbeat music that is good music for kids and adults. And thanks for wishing me good luck.

Jul 25, 2008
Upstate New York
Jul 15, 2009
Making original music...

Hey everyone...
I make original music, so if anyone is looking for a piece let me know. I have done work for Jeff McBride and his wife Abbi...

You can check out a sample of my stuff
at VegasVortex.com
Click on inspiration on the left and look for EtC: REspun. Thats me! :)
Feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have!

MHMagic77@gmail.com

Mike

Sep 10, 2008
Do you use iTunes? If so, look for the album -

Peace. Love. Beats.

By Trancenden

Lots of cool beats on that, some of which are used in Penguinmagic videos.

If you are looking for slower music, Clint Mansell makes some unbelieveable compositions that may suit a certain trick.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results