My Asher Twist

Sep 1, 2007
this is my variation of the asher twist, i can't do the original asher twist because i always flash the twisting part so i make my own variation by spreading it differently that i think is much better because i can do it slower and almost surrounded

enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0TA76Wh5UI

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 2, 2008
The spread is quite unnatural. Very, very strange. Who would spread four cards like this, unless he has something to hide :rolleyes:

In my opinion sticking to the original handling and adjusting your angles, will provide for a better effect :cool:

- J.R.

Sep 1, 2007
well thats quite true but how about the mcclintock twist its much unnatural, am i right

thanks for the comment :D, i just do that because i can do it slower and almost surrounded. keep your criticization coming :cool:

Feb 17, 2008
K-W, ON, Canada
well thats quite true but how about the mcclintock twist its much unnatural, am i right

The McClintock Twist is for a different perspective, and although the moves aren't the norm, they are consistent (even though I prefer the Asher Twist...). You go from spreading the cards horizontally to display them, to vertically when you're performing the sleight, which not only makes it look unnatural, but draws unwanted attention to you at the moment you're performing it. At the very least, keep your actions consistent throughout the performance.

Edit -- Also, you can perform the Asher Twist almost surrounded... it's a matter of adjusting your angles. There're videos of Lee performing it surrounded even. I don't see the point in this. Although it's good to experiment, I don't think this improves the trick in any way. :\

Sep 1, 2007
Not bad decent, but really should have been done from a front angle. But i thought it was quite good. Maybe i'm just nice =/.

manipulation4food, thanks for appreciating it;) well i know i can't replace the original, but like i said i can't do the original so i devised my own and im proud of it, for me if you can do it slower its more magical (thats what i think) and i do it for layman and they love it so there's nothing i can't complain:D

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
I'm sorry to say this, and I may be wrong, but doesn't it seem obvious that you didn't learn the Asher Twist from Lee Asher? If you did, you'd have no trouble performing it, with the right amount of practice. Either;

1) You learnt it from a different source than the original creator
2) You tried it and didn't practice it much at all and deemed it too difficult.

If you'd like, PM me and I'll happily help you with your Asher Twist. I just can't bear to watch that video any more.

~The Emogician~

P.S. This post isn't meant to come off aggressive, so please, don't take it like that.

Sep 1, 2007
dont worry the emogician that's ok, about the asher twist i knew that already and i have a dvd of "well done" where he teached it. like i said this is just a variation i dont say that its the original asher twist.:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results