My Invention - Stench

Sep 14, 2007
I know that this is very long, but bear with it, please read it.

For a long time now I have been studying coins, all there aspects, and how I can possibly switch them and all that cool coin stuff. My friend is a magician and he has been for about, say 3-4 years, he is very experienced, although 3-4 years isn’t that much. I have always wanted to fool a magician, you know, show a really effective a trick that leaves them clueless, I have worked on a few effects: they include- Torn and Restored cards, coin vanishes, gory magic and etc. And never has my friend been fooled but when he sees this he will definitely be fooled, I will get back to you after I have performed it to him.

My main effect that I am working on now fits in the category Coins, it all started when my friend told me about an effect where you have a spectator hold out their change and have them sign a coin (put their Initials on it), then the magician places the signed coin back into the pile, and has the spectator search for the signed coin, but it is not there, the signed coin then appears where the magician pleases such as in his/her pocket etc. In my opinion I first liked this effect, but you have to know the spectators Initials, You need to purchase or have a special marker (I will not keep talking about this because it may lead into exposure). I was thinking of something more . . . effective and revolutionary, and something that someone would actually use. During my time of learning magic, I have purchased a lot if DVD’s expecting a lot more than what was actually inside, I was very disappointed, however Theory 11 has turned magic into a whole different level, and I am very relieved, I think I will spend most of my time on theory 11 forums, this community is very kind and is always there to answer questions and just a nice community to chat with. So where were we . .

Right, my coin trick, while I was playing around, I discovered an awesome principle of being able to borrow a coin and be able to wipe the signature off, without any special markers, or coins, with this small concept that can lead into a whole region of stunning and visual routines. I have also found a concept that allows you to cause 2 coins (one signed), switch from the spectators hand to the magicians hand. With these to concepts, you can come up with the most visual and stunning routines that will not only blow away spectators but magicians.

Here are some routines that can be done:

Cause a signature on a coin to be pushed through to the other side, so the signature is reversed.

Wipe a signature off then wipe it back on another coin

Cause 2 coins (one of them signed), switch from the spectators hand to the magicians hand.
And a lot more, when I said that these few concepts can be used in a lot of routines, I didn’t just mean switches and signature wipes, but these may be used for-Coin in bottles, coin switches and more. These are ONLY examples

This trick is not only for fooling people, but in my routine, I have included this trick, that consists of a story and also gets to the spectator emotionally, so it’s not just all about, magic and sleight of hand, but it’s about how you present it and the meaning of the trick.

I will be putting a video of this trick up later on if people are interested.

thanks for reading this, I really appreciate it :)

Happy New Year

God Bless

NickMagic

Oct 6, 2007
WOW! Sounds great!

I thought this would be some mushy effect, but the examples youve given seem to be really awesome. Love to see a vid.

Dec 13, 2007
Jay Sankey has a method for doing this that is very effective...He teaches it in his revolutionary coin magic dvd

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results