My Little Contest Rant

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Please don't take offense to this posting.... I'm just venting, and I'm sure after a few deep breaths it will all pass :)

So, it seems that everyday there is some sort of new contest on T11's forums. Now, don't get me wrong, contests are great, and even though I never win, I enjoy reading people's posts regarding the contests, and I also enjoy the daydream fantasy of me possibly (however slight the chance is) actually winning something sometime....but....

I'm a bit tired of all these trivia contests that seem to be won by those who have access to information at almost an insider level. Or, questions that have the answer in 1 thread somewhere on the web, that unless you've already seen it in the past, you'll never find it.

This is why I can't wait until this week's Saturday Night contest. Although I haven't entered in the past (never home on Saturdays)....I hope I'll be able to enter tomorrow. If the contest hasn't been decided on yet, PLEASE DON'T MAKE IT A TRIVIA CONTEST. I prefer one with creativity, like the previous Saturday night contests have been. Those have been quite good, and I thoroughly enjoyed viewing people's submissions. (still a bit shaken up by the dude with the cards for underwear, but hey....good on him for winning)

I used to belong to a music message board for a band, and almost all of the contests were won by people who knew the band, or who have met them millions of times, and who had insider information.

I mean, sometimes the questions would be almost as ridiculous as "what did so and so eat for breakfast yesterday".....

Ok, enough of my rant.....carry on with your contests :)

Well, I won the first Saturday Night Contest, and I have no knowledge of the inner-workings of Theory11. It was just a lucky guess to be totally honest. I do see your point though but, I find trivia to be alright. But being creative has it's benefits as well.

Can't wait for tomorrow :)

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
sounds like sour grapes to me.

"can you please make it a contest that I can win, because I don't want somebody else to win!!!"

grow up dude :D

"can you please make it a contest that I can win, because I don't want somebody else to win!!!"

Couldn't have said it any better myself. I feel the same but the oppossite. I can't wait till tommorow, but I hated the last 2 since I don't have a camera. It would be better to have more trivia questions.

In a nicer way, a contest where people have a chance.

Buddy, you grow up. =D I can totally see where he's coming from. It's like average people answering questions about pro NBA players, against the NBA players' friends.

Why not have contests about things in general? Rather than specifics that only a select few would know.

He's not asking to let him win, he's asking for a more fair chance for him, and others as well.

Take Care,

Trevor

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results