My Trip to California - Prepare for a Long Read

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Very nice, sounds like you had a great time! Haha i know just how you felt with the ding dong ditch story...it has happened to me a couple of times, but me and my friends are always doing crazy stuff that gets us into trouble. Thats the kind of stuff i hope to remember for the rest of my life. I'm actually going up to Ohio tomorrow to visit one of my childhood friends who moved there awhile ago :D.

Just keep those memories alive, you wont ever want to forget them! The best times I've ever had were times when i was with friends...in fact your stories sound just like my life ever since summer started :D, I'm loving every minute of it, only we don't have to wait on others for rides, as most of us can drive :).

Anyway, i had a great time reading it and best of luck to you and your future adventures!

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
That's the first time that has ever happened to me, and I thought it was pretty scary. But I'm kind of a whimp. Matthew and I have had tons of great times together, since we've been best friends since Second Grade, and constantly hung out before he left. I miss him, but that's life. I did have an awesome time, though.

joelpaschall

theory11 artist
May 6, 2008
Drunk ladies at the movies, Ding dong ditch, Stawberrie pie! GAMBLERS COP!! These are like, all of my favorite things! Hey man. Glad to hear you made it home safe. I really liked your story, made me laugh a lot! Awesome and I think/know that Alex was jealous of your Awesomeness (did I spell that right?) This is so cool. Oh yeah, Colorado airport is Awesome! I got kicked out of the public restrooms for flushing ALL the toilets and running ALL the sinks while starting ALL the hand dryers at one time! (they were automatic, I was a kid. It was spectacular!!!)

Take care man!

JP

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Thanks Joel. Of course Alex is jealous of our awesomeness... who isn't? lol Yeah, compared to the San Jose Airport (where I arrived and departed from), the Denver airport is awesome. It's like a mall... with planes, and moving sidewalks... and food! Oh man, that is awesome about getting kicked out! I actually have a story kind of like that:

So we were in 2nd grade, I was the new kid at school. Which at my old school is an extremely big deal, because it was a small Catholic School, approximately ten kids in each grade, new kid MAYBE once a year. And I instantly became friends with Matthew, and a kid named Caden. Well, Caden and I were in the restroom, and as I was washing my hands, I saw the sink started to fill up because of a sink. There was like thirty minutes left of school, so Caden dared me to leave the sink on until the end of school... I did it. :(

I got home that night, was eating dinner, and about pooped my pants when I realized I had forgotten to turn the water on. Yeah, it was bad.

We got to school the next morning, and being the kid responsible, I was extremely nervous. After a while, I started to relax, then my teacher said, "Kids, somebody let the water last night and flooded the boys bathroom. The janitor had to clean it all up and wasn't very happy about it." And I about pooped my pants again because our janitor was crazy. I'm not even kidding, she was sent to a mental hospital a few years later. Our teacher, Mrs. Elliot, asked if anybody knew who was responsible.

Me and Caden sort of glanced at each other. We had made a pact not to tell, and we weren't breaking it! Then we look at Matthew, who slowly raises his hand. Of course, I about pooped my pants AGAIN when I hear Matthew say, "It was Caden and Drew." Caden and I gave him death stares worthy of Darth Vader... even though you can't see his eyes, you know he's giving you the eagle eyes.

Luckily, I decided to be a good kid and tell the truth- that it was on purpose, but not with the intent of letting it go all night. We got off the hook, and felt extremely lucky.

Wow, I managed to get really off topic here... sort of. Anyways, glad you enjoyed the story Joel; I had tons of fun on the trip, and tons of fun writing it. I laughed several times as I as writing, due to remembering all the funny things that happened (not even half of which were included in the story). Like Matthew and I had like an hour long conversation while walking to the grocery store to get drinks (yeah, it was quite a walk). About what you ask? The Force and what all we could do if we had it. We were also cracking up in the middle of the grocery store because he pressed Spanish on the self-checkout machine, and it sounded funny. Stupid, I know... had to be there. I'll be sure to post some pictures tomorrow, guys!

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
hey adjones glad you liked california
i live in san diego, and its a great state, great for magic. i love it

glad you liked it

Yeah, I loved the trip. However, like I said earlier, I don't know if I could live there, simply because most of the kids my age, from what I saw, are extremely weird, and a little creepy. But the place itself is awesome. Great weather, great things to do... it's definitely off the hizzle.

And to anybody wondering why I'm saying that so much ("off the hizzle")- I picked it up from Joel... it's all his fault. I believe he said it to Larry (my friend's future Step-Dad), and it stuck to me like Duct Tape; I can't stop saying it now. Thanks a lot, Joel! ;)

Sep 1, 2007
California
Great story, glad you liked California.

Yeah, the minor law for movies sucks, my friends and I were going to see Harold and Kumar, but one of them had their mom in the movie with us, it was akward.

Good to here you had a good time.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Well, I actually read a sign at the theatre that said the parent/guardian just had to buy the ticket. But maybe I misinterpreted it or something. Regardless, I'm still glad I saw Ironman; it was pretty freakin sweet. Except now I want an Ironman suit. :(

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
Yeah, I loved the trip. However, like I said earlier, I don't know if I could live there, simply because most of the kids my age, from what I saw, are extremely weird, and a little creepy. But the place itself is awesome. Great weather, great things to do... it's definitely off the hizzle.

And to anybody wondering why I'm saying that so much ("off the hizzle")- I picked it up from Joel... it's all his fault. I believe he said it to Larry (my friend's future Step-Dad), and it stuck to me like Duct Tape; I can't stop saying it now. Thanks a lot, Joel! ;)

HA HA HA HA

yeah.......some of the kids over here on our end are a little......well.....chained and tat'd up

Oct 6, 2007
Hey

That sounds like a great story, sure you had an awesome time.

I definately want to do that one day....but if Joel (or any professional magician) asked me to perform something, I woulnd't know what to do...

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Sounds like you had a great time. I always love reading your stuff. Thanks for posting this.

Josh T

No problem, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

HA HA HA HA

yeah.......some of the kids over here on our end are a little......well.....chained and tat'd up

Oh yes... I noticed. I'm sure they're not all that way, but where I was at, it seemed like most of them were. See, in Missouri, those kind of kids are kind of the "un-popular" group. But I have a feeling in California it's just the opposite. :D

LOL An over-priced tourism shop. Yeah I agree. lol. Sounds like you had a great time. I know you had a great time.

I most certainly did! Too bad you couldn't come!

Sounds awesome

It definitely was!

Hey

That sounds like a great story, sure you had an awesome time.

I definately want to do that one day....but if Joel (or any professional magician) asked me to perform something, I woulnd't know what to do...

Haha yea i defiantly agree, my mind would totally blank out and I would feel kinda embarrassed heh...

Well, to be honest, that's sort of what happened to me. At first I had Larry shuffle a Red Rider Back deck for a minute while I thought. So then I decided to try something maybe funny, and I took it back and said, "Now you shuffled this up good, right?" He said, "Yes." to which I responded, "Good, we're going to use this deck!" At which point I pulled out my Cannibal Kings Deck. However, for the first time in my life (it was obviously because Joel was present) my hands started shaking a little bit. I managed to do the trick fine, but it definitely was not one of my better performances. I wish I could have done it better. Then I got nervous later and completely screwed up a trick. I managed to recover kind of, but it was very, very embarrassing.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Amazing story Jones. Thanks for sharing. Now you have to give yourself the award for Awesomeness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
Great story mate. I really did enjoy reading it.

I do tend to prefer longer posts though.

I really would like to go to America sometime. Although I cant see that happening for me in the near future. If I do, it looks like I'll be going to California :D.

- CS

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results