Need a GOOD Exile Review

hey guys!

I was on the verge of buying Exile and then I looked up reviews on the net, and all the reviews on T11. A LOT of people had mixed reviews. Some said that it was a trick that worked some of the time? Others said that it works every time. Bayme himself said that it's a really solid trick.

I just need to know the following

- Will it work on any audience member?

- How long does it take to set up?

- Can I preset the trick then wait an hour and it will still work?

- How much audience control is necessary?

- Will it work 100% of the time?

- Is it angle sensitive in ANY way?

- What's all this talk about it ''drying up?''

- How much stuff do I need to carry around? Can I wear jeans?

- How many times can I use this till I need a refill?

I apologize for how many questions I asked, but I'm already spending upwards of $250 just on T11. If you include the stuff I'm buying from Ellusionist, that'll make approximately an extra $300.

Thanks for your guys' help, you guys are the best!!!

Sep 2, 2010
Yonkers, NY
Hey, I have eXile so i can help you a bit without revealing the actual method.

-yes it works on any person there is no setup done to the persons hand.
-There is a gimmick involved which is easy to make takes about 10-15mins and a 5sec setup before the trick is performed
-No you cannot have the gimmick waiting for more than a few mins otherwise the effect will not work
-If you do it correctly it will always work
-angles are great nobody can see anything
-I cannot answer the "drying up" question without revealing the method
-You have to carry three props with but one is a sharpie which you probably already use in your routines
-I dont know when you will need a refill but It can be done many times as I have done it a lot and still am fine.

as for the review, in my opinion i have done the trick several times and one thing for sure is that it always gets a great reaction. Another great thing about it is that the idea behind the gimmick can be used in many different ways to create your own routine. However i dislike the idea of carrying all the things necessary to have the effect work, as a result of this i tend not to do it on a daily basis. It is NOT one of those effects you can show someone if they randomly say show me a trick. Id say it is a good effect if you are going to do a performance for friends you can set it up very quick, or if you are doing restaurant/bar magic you can set it up before each table. On the street you would have to set it up and quickly find someone to perform it to otherwise it will not work.

hope i helped!

Jul 22, 2010
hey guys!

I was on the verge of buying Exile and then I looked up reviews on the net, and all the reviews on T11. A LOT of people had mixed reviews. Some said that it was a trick that worked some of the time? Others said that it works every time. Bayme himself said that it's a really solid trick.

I just need to know the following

- Will it work on any audience member?

- How long does it take to set up?

- Can I preset the trick then wait an hour and it will still work?

- How much audience control is necessary?

- Will it work 100% of the time?

- Is it angle sensitive in ANY way?

- What's all this talk about it ''drying up?''

- How much stuff do I need to carry around? Can I wear jeans?

- How many times can I use this till I need a refill?

I apologize for how many questions I asked, but I'm already spending upwards of $250 just on T11. If you include the stuff I'm buying from Ellusionist, that'll make approximately an extra $300.

Thanks for your guys' help, you guys are the best!!!

$550 on magic from t11 and ellusionist? neither of them are stage magic suppliers.
may i suggest quality, not quantity?

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Speaking from experience I have spent way too much on useless things. I have got so much useless things, spending 500 from ellusionist may be the right thing to do for you, however there definatly much better things I would spend that money.

Art of Astonishment would be one thing on that list, anything thing about presentation.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Speaking from experience I have spent way too much on useless things. I have got so much useless things, spending 500 from ellusionist may be the right thing to do for you, however there definatly much better things I would spend that money.

Art of Astonishment would be one thing on that list, anything thing about presentation.

Or give it to me. I'll buy my girlfriend a dozen roses, and use the rest to buy some books and a nice coat. :D

Sep 11, 2010
Heh, Ive been there before. Spent always 100-250 on any order at E or PM back in the day, about every 2-3 months(sometimes 2-3 weeks! yikes) I learned from my mistakes and started buying Smart and not greedy.Also i started weeding out soooo many things, and thankfully was able to re-sell all the stuff I didnt use, but it was still a bad habit. I learned now to do extensive research and ask things like "Does this suit my style/personality?" "Do i atually see myself performing this or do I want it to just know the secret" and "Do twinkies taste good with Pepsi?"...(ok maybe not the last one).

Im saying as a verteran of wasting money(and doing a damn good job of it!...lol), I bet that 500+ order(s) can be cut down to like 80 of tricks/effects YOU will actually perform. Cause what works for some, doesnt necessarily work for all. not trying to get preachy, just giving some brotherly(<----insert better word here ^_^) advice from your friendly neighborhood Illusionist/Magician/random internet person.
-Ray

thanks Ray! I am actually NOT going to be spending any money anywhere for a while! My teacher taught me a coins across routine, and showed me some loops stuff, so I'll be busy with that. He also owns Coin One, so I can borrow that from him. Thanks for your advice

-Mehar

Sep 11, 2010
Its my pleasure :)...Dang wish I had some peeps to share thoughts with...Oh well guess thats why all my friends call me unique ;)

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
Don't spend $300 dollars on effects >.<

Do you know how many books, filled with SOLID material, you could buy with that much?

Go watch Jason England's "What to Read" one-on-one, and spend your money there.

Don't spend $300 dollars on effects >.<

Do you know how many books, filled with SOLID material, you could buy with that much?

Go watch Jason England's "What to Read" one-on-one, and spend your money there.

I am actually NOT going to be spending any money anywhere for a while! My teacher taught me a coins across routine, and showed me some loops stuff, so I'll be busy with that. He also owns Coin One, so I can borrow that from him

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results