Need some help

Mar 3, 2008
hey yall (haha) Im gonna be performing in my talent show in a month, and Ive been practicing tricks with my friends, and random kids, occasionally Ill get this....."But theres 2" "u did a double flip" or something. I use the Spin Doctor Double most.. A lot of my tricks use it, so if they know its a double, they see how I do tons of tricks -_- Does anyone have any suggestions another desceptive double, OR some really good tricks, that get great reactions without double lifts? Here is the list of what I believe I am doing so far.....

Portal, Osh Negash B'gosh, HDTV, Time machine, Criterion, Search and Destroy, Hand to mouth, Subway(renovation),The queens(maybe?), Conspiracy of four, Deja Du, Chaser, Grease Lightning, Punk'd(maybe)

Thats all I got so far, please, any suggestions on the stuff I am planning on using, and any other things.. Thanks

Sorry man, I think you're doing way too many tricks.
I'd treat this talent show as a performance, in which case you only want to do 2 or 3 hard hitting tricks to leave an impression.
If you do all those tricks, nobody will remember anything.
If you present 2 or 3 well, you really have time to present. Give it a thought.

Jun 22, 2008
I agree with Tumble here, they are going to get very overwhelmed with that many effects, not to mention probable time restraints. Its kinda like offering someone a drink of water, then dumping a bucket on their head, your lucky if they get any of it.

Oct 1, 2008
earth
Well just as everybody else said, there are waaay too many tricks on that list, and not all of them are the most hard hitting tricks.

To answer your question though, I would use biddle trick. With the right patter and performance it will be a mindboggler.

If people catch you doing double lifts, find alternatives. i.e. do a single but do a utility move that makes it a double...heres a rediculous example. do a single, then do the clipshift.

If you are going to do a card trick like here n there (david blaine's switch), then start with the cards on the bottom and steal the second from bottom card.

Basically, I am saying you should explore your alternatives and use your imagination.

hope this helped ;)

Sep 2, 2007
for the doubles, you can also try to not use a DnD double. just a normal double lift (Stricke, though it takes alot of practice, is AMAZING when done right) there are LOTS of doubles out there, I'm sure you can find one.

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
As many have stated, you're going to be doing alot of tricks, and most probably quickly dependent on time. May I ask what time limit you have? I'd rather perform a great trick slow, than perform a great trick fast, give your audience time to take it in. Not to mention clapping, which will add decrease your performance time, you don't want to start the next trick whilst they're clapping.

Mar 3, 2008
Well, I would imagine around 5-10 minutes, the teacher who runs it told me to get 10, so... yeah there is gonan be a camera following me around, projecting on the screen, and I am going to call people up from the audience..

Jan 8, 2009
For clean doubles, I suggest working on the pinky count, it's the best one out there.

As for tricks, visual is a must.. talent show... eh.. maybe have a camera rolling on you from above or something, streaming on a large projector so that the audience can see what's happening.

May 31, 2008
How much time do you have? Judging by the amount of time that people get at most talent shows, I think you have to much. I could be wrong though.

Just like others have said, just keep practicing the double lift. I practiced the bluff pass for three months until I got it right (I'm kind of slow.) Now I fool myself.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results