New 1-on-1 : The Zarrow Shuffle - Jason England

Well...here it is. Thoughts? I'm disappointed. Cards.......

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that T11 should stop producing 1-on-1's around cards. There are still many people coming to this site with absolutely no magic experience. Like-wise there are also experts that come to this site and the staff has to contend with finding subtable material to fit all regions. I think that the Zarrow shuffle does it perfectly. This is a great move and very effective when done properly.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that T11 should stop producing 1-on-1's around cards. There are still many people coming to this site with absolutely no magic experience. Like-wise there are also experts that come to this site and the staff has to contend with finding subtable material to fit all regions. I think that the Zarrow shuffle does it perfectly. This is a great move and very effective when done properly.

He was expressing his opinion.
He has a right to it.
Many agree with him and many dont.
He never said what you implied.

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
Jonathon Bayme, I realize that you guys are doing a lot in the way of original stuff. I just felt a 1 on 1 of a move that's been taught many times isn't necessary. We really don't need another teaching of it. I think it's kind of redundant, and may be taking advantage of the new guys who come here and download these things, when they could learn the same shuffles from a good book that teaches foundation... but they will not because it's not a video. I think instead of selling these old moves to new guys, maybe you could tell them where they could learn it from a proper book.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Jonathon Bayme, I realize that you guys are doing a lot in the way of original stuff. I just felt a 1 on 1 of a move that's been taught many times isn't necessary. We really don't need another teaching of it. I think it's kind of redundant, and may be taking advantage of the new guys who come here and download these things, when they could learn the same shuffles from a good book that teaches foundation... but they will not because it's not a video. I think instead of selling these old moves to new guys, maybe you could tell them where they could learn it from a proper book.

Will,

There is actually a five and a half minute segment within the Zarrow 1-on-1 video that talks about the best text resources on the topic. Contrary to your post, it has not been published in this much detail in countless sources. Most only provide an overview, and very few have gone into visual detail as much as Jason does in the video. Persi Diaconis - a magician and professor of mathematics at Stanford University - once said that the Zarrow shuffle "may well be the single most important, practical card move invented since Erdnase."

Of course, one could obtain David Ben's new Zarrow book A Lifetime of Magic. Within the 1-on-1, Jason explicitly shows the book as a remarkable resource for serious study of the move. The book devotes nearly 40 pages to just this one shuffle. It is that influential of a move. It is that important. It is worth every bit of it.

That said, the book is $125. This 1-on-1 is nearly 40 minutes long and $12.95. I say that is an incredible deal - and a chance to see a modern master teach it to you step by step in visual form. That is a rare, special, respected opportunity, especially for the price.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Bill Malone also teaches it for Sam The bellhop, tho his version may be a bit different. The move is also taught in Card College, but it's more of a different version (I think it's the Roy Waltson variation on it.)

He was expressing his opinion.
He has a right to it.
Many agree with him and many dont.
He never said what you implied.

I see that he was expressing his opinion
I realize he has rights to it, I never said that he didn't in the least
We already know that many people agree with him and that many don't
I didn't mean to suggest that he was indicating anything

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
I don't care for the shuffle myself as I think it looks totally bogus, even in the hands of a master like England. I think the hands false shuffles look much more realistic and disarming (truffle shuffle, manfred shuffle...)
I guess it's good for those wanting a good source on the move and wanting to learn it.

what do laymen with close to no experience in card handling think it looks like?

Dec 22, 2009
Hong Kong
Will,

There is actually a five and a half minute segment within the Zarrow 1-on-1 video that talks about the best text resources on the topic. Contrary to your post, it has not been published in this much detail in countless sources. Most only provide an overview, and very few have gone into visual detail as much as Jason does in the video. Persi Diaconis - a magician and professor of mathematics at Stanford University - once said that the Zarrow shuffle "may well be the single most important, practical card move invented since Erdnase."

Of course, one could obtain David Ben's new Zarrow book A Lifetime of Magic. Within the 1-on-1, Jason explicitly shows the book as a remarkable resource for serious study of the move. The book devotes nearly 40 pages to just this one shuffle. It is that influential of a move. It is that important. It is worth every bit of it.

That said, the book is $125. This 1-on-1 is nearly 40 minutes long and $12.95. I say that is an incredible deal - and a chance to see a modern master teach it to you step by step in visual form. That is a rare, special, respected opportunity, especially for the price.
another thing to say, i think what theory11 is doing is great, they took it into a visual form. you guys may not realise that not all people know english, there are a lot of asians who do magic(including me), and we find this usefull. books which teaches this move a really fcking hard to understand, and a video will really help

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results