New Effect I Created: Popped!

Apr 25, 2010
Hey Guys,

So this is a new effect I created, and I was just wondering what all of your thoughts were on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98OSr7ZzGfw

In the video you'll see two methods to accomplish the same effect, one being impromptu while the other is not.

Please post any feedback below.

Thanks
arielshrum

Jan 20, 2009
California
This is very similar to david harkey's pop art, its in his book simply harkey
pg.59 you should check it out if you get a chance, its a real fooler.

Sep 11, 2010
I think it's commercial, and it's presented well. You could probably market this. Have you tried to contact any magic production companies, and pitched them yet?

The problem with marketing is this effect is very easy to figure out from a magician's perspective, and the idea is basically just a variation of several other tricks. This would best belong in a DVD with several different tricks.

Jan 11, 2011
Cool effect. It'll be great if you can add a revalation to it. Like after it pops then it forms a card or sth liddat. Try PaperCrane. Your magic should be realeased there. Release all your effects in a single dvd. I'll be sure to buy it. :D Good luck!

Apr 25, 2010
Thanks guys,
I really appreciate your feedback, I'm not looking to market this i just wanted to know what your thoughts were on the idea.

Jul 13, 2008
I've found that the effects that are the easiest and simpler tricks in the magicians eyes are the most fooling and most hard-hitting. Never has a complicated move-monkey sleight trick fooled an audience in my experience.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results