New information on Daniel Madison's Change

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
1. IT WILL BE RELEASED LATER THIS YEAR
2. IT IS NOT A GIMMICK; ANY TWO CARDS FROM ANY DECK CAN BE USED
3. KEEP WATCHING

Most impossible looking change I have ever seen with no gimmick involved.

--Jim

Dec 8, 2007
Wow. Can't wait until this is revealed on his new dvd :)

PS: Listen carfully to his weird hint:
"There are three things to note..."
"I am a showman"
"Listen carefully"
"And watch even closer"
---
"So my name is Daniel Madison; this is Change"
---
What could it mean?

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
But he doesn't carry on talking while he does the change.

That should keep people talking about whether it's video editing. He says he'll continue talking so you know he hasn't edited the video... and then he stops talking, moves his head out of frame, and does the change.

Which is simply brilliant. Watch the arguments about this: how many people will swear he talked through the whole thing and they could even see his lips moving?

Oct 24, 2007
CDarklock, you didn't watch the whole. At the very end he does it again talking through the whole thing completely.

Yes, the first time he does it he stops talking. But the second time he doesn't. You missed that part. ;)

This is a sick change! The best I've ever seen. I can't wait till this comes out. Peace!

Tyler

Oct 23, 2007
he would not tell you it is not agiimick if it is not and also is this not a really good way to sell this trick make everyone fight then let it out lol

D

Deleted member 2755

Until I see it in person, I can't believe it's not a gimmick.....seems very similar to Mark Mason's BLINK.

Believe it. ;) Daniel Madison wouldn't be releasing something saying that something is not gimmicked when it is... Plus Theory 11 wouldn't allow it. Fine, don't believe it, I guess the whole thing is fake. =P

C'mon... believe in a bit of magic yourself. ;)

-Doug

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
This is what I think. If what I'm doing is bad, let me know.

1st vid:Change- I think is edited. Thats why no crease.

2nd vid: Guardian teaser- lets go of the front card like in "Joke".

3rd vid: CHANGE2008- Blink Card, either homemade or bought. You can see the crease and hear the snap. Thats when the KS shows. Right at the snap.

So if this is bad let me know and I'll edit it.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
This is what I think. If what I'm doing is bad, let me know.

1st vid:Change- I think is edited. Thats why no crease.

2nd vid: Guardian teaser- lets go of the front card like in "Joke".

3rd vid: CHANGE2008- Blink Card, either homemade or bought. You can see the crease and hear the snap. Thats when the KS shows. Right at the snap.

So if this is bad let me know and I'll edit it.

Well, its one of three things.

1) He is saying there isn't a gimmick to try and get people to stop posting their performances based off how they think it works online.

2) He WAS a card cheat...he could be creatively lying ;)

3) He is telling the truth.

Personally, I believe its #3. At least I'm hoping it is.

-ThrallMind

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
Well, its one of three things.

1) He is saying there isn't a gimmick to try and get people to stop posting their performances based off how they think it works online.

2) He WAS a card cheat...he could be creatively lying ;)

3) He is telling the truth.

Personally, I believe its #3. At least I'm hoping it is.

-ThrallMind

You know, magicians lie. Plus, he says there is no gimmick. Its not a gimmicked card, its a TRICK card!

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
If he says there is no gimmick and there is a gimmick he is going to look like a horse's rear end after releasing this. I very seriously doubt he is going to blow smoke up our rear ends considering he has no history of doing this.

How about we wait until it is released before passing judgment and openly speculating on methods in a public forum? Speculating doesn't make you look smart or impress anyone, it actually makes you look like a moron for attempting to expose how something is done.

--Jim

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
Yes, the first time he does it he stops talking. But the second time he doesn't.

The second time is clearly an edited soundtrack. His mouth is moving, but there is no sound, and then his voice is heard but his mouth can't be seen. You can see his chin moving... so you know he's saying something... but you can't tell whether he's saying what you're hearing.

Which is exactly what he wants, so it will remain controversial. There has to be that question in the public mind as to whether what they just saw is a real effect, or some kind of scam.

And that's precisely what I love about DM.

Oct 24, 2007
There is no gimmick involved and it's no video editing.

For those who think it's video editing, here's a video from a friend of mine performing "Change" (he figured it out himself, he hasn't told me how he does it yet), he's 15. He can't do video editing or hire a professional video editor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYzTSez5lII

For those who think it's a gimmicked card. It's not. I talked to my friend, the one performing above, and asked if it was a gimmick. He said it wasn't gimmicked, that it was totally impromptu and any card could be chosen to change. He's going to teach it to me next time we hang out. :D

Also, to the people that think video editing (CDarklock), Daniel Madison is releasing this effect in Warning. You can't release an effect where the method is video editing.

Anyway, it's ungimmicked, it's not edited, it's an actual trick that's really awesome! Can't wait to learn this from my friend. :)

Peace!

Tyler

Sep 1, 2007
My opinons on this have chamged. It has to be a gimmick, or video editing. It has to be. I refuse to budge on any other theory. The fact that the fingers don't move justifys this. The only possible way that could happen is if you had a double back to back, and you did some sort of variation of a spin change. And the fact that it's only one card at the end makes me think its editing even, because in both videos of the change, you can clearly see that he's not palming a card, so what happened to the other one? It vanished? I'm a big DM fan, so I hope to be proven wrong, but I don't see it happening.

And why is your friend telling people the method. Last time I heard that's exposure, regardless if he figured it out on his own or not.

And the chage was initially filmed for The Deception, which has been in the can for a whle now. Whats the source of the rumor that it will be on warning? I haven't evn heard of "Warning." It's not on his coming soon list.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
If he says there is no gimmick and there is a gimmick he is going to look like a horse's rear end after releasing this. I very seriously doubt he is going to blow smoke up our rear ends considering he has no history of doing this.

How about we wait until it is released before passing judgment and openly speculating on methods in a public forum? Speculating doesn't make you look smart or impress anyone, it actually makes you look like a moron for attempting to expose how something is done.

--Jim

Echo....echo....echo....

As far as I can tell his friend didn't expose the method by which he accomplished his interpretation of the change. In fact he says several times in other videos that he is against exposure completely and recommends learning directly from the original creators. Novel idea =)

--Jim

Sep 1, 2007
Okay, lets play it your way. Lets, for an instance, travel back in time a week, and lets say I figured out a possible method for control. Would it be right to tell people?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results