New information on Daniel Madison's Change

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
to the people that think video editing (CDarklock)

Excuse me, but no. What I'm saying is that we still don't have any conclusive and incontrovertible proof that it isn't video editing, which is brilliant.

DM would never claim to have an effect he didn't have. Anyone who knows anything about him knows that.

But the controversy is certainly giving him great word-of-mouth advertisement. I wouldn't want to stop it, either. I'd want to fan the flames. And he's doing an amazing job, so I'm openly admiring it.

Sep 2, 2007
O.K. guys...this IS A GIMMICK! why do I say this? look at CHANGE and CHANGE2008...it CHANGES FROM THE CENTER and goes out. it is a gimmick. I dodn't remember him saying that it was evver ungimmicked. he said that it was WOW without the gimmick....that does NOT mean that it's ungimmicked...just that it doesn't use the WOW gimmcik.

Also...I thought that someone bought the rights to perform this until 2009 ...strange....

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Guys be logical.
Why would DM lie to US and risk of having his reputation down?

I just hate it when people are stubbon about things and can not accept if it's not really gimmicked or not.

If you can have your pulse stopped WITH NO GIMMICKS, then you can achieve this change without a gimmick as well.

Sep 2, 2007
California
Guys be logical.
Why would DM lie to US and risk of having his reputation down?

I havent followed this whole thread, but has he ever said it's not gimmicked, and if he hasn't, then what is he lying about? Really this change just has alot of rumors around it that are created by people and not Daniel, so I dont really think there is anything that'll ruin his reputation.

Sep 2, 2007
California
Do you mean the change08 video? I did hear that there was one vid. that he took down, so you may be talking about that one, but in change08 his focus was on that the video wasn't edited and he said "magic at its finest". Nothing about sleight of hand. We'll just have to see what happens inthe future with this...

I'm convinced its gimmicked. If it's pure slieght of hand then this would rate as one of the most skilled change available. It would be nice for Daniel to chime in and clear some stuff up. I haven't heard him say it was ungimmicked.

Sep 2, 2007
California
Sorry to post once again, but many people have said it's going to be released in 2008, but on his website he says it's release is in 2009. Another year for everyone to argue....

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Okay, lets play it your way. Lets, for an instance, travel back in time a week, and lets say I figured out a possible method for control. Would it be right to tell people?

I know of at least two people who said this, one of them I actually believe. Would it be right to tell people you have come up with a similar way of doing the same effect? Sure why not? Would it be right to tell people how you did it? No I personally think that is completely underhanded and self-serving.

People did this left and right with Daniel Garcia's Fallen release. It has also happened with countless effects in the past so I am not sure why this is suddenly groundbreaking that another guy came up with a way to do DM's Change.

Do I think that guy Lucas who posted his video of his interpretation of DM's change will buy DM's Change when it is released? Yes I think he will simply to pay respect to DM for coming up with it first. There are less scrupulous individuals out there and this guy doesn't strike me as one of them.

--Jim

Sep 2, 2007
People. give me sopme quotes of when Madison said that the change was ungimmicked. I don;t recall him EVER SAYING THAT/ not to metion he can't sell the change until 2009 because someone bought the T.V. right to it I believe, this is not confirmed, but it sounds legit. Also, look closely at the videos....he changes the card form the center. you cannot do that iwht pure sleight of hand.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
People. give me sopme quotes of when Madison said that the change was ungimmicked. I don;t recall him EVER SAYING THAT/ not to metion he can't sell the change until 2009 because someone bought the T.V. right to it I believe, this is not confirmed, but it sounds legit. Also, look closely at the videos....he changes the card form the center. you cannot do that iwht pure sleight of hand.

This was originally in the "About this video" section:

1. IT WILL BE RELEASED LATER THIS YEAR
2. IT IS NOT A GIMMICK; ANY TWO CARDS FROM ANY DECK CAN BE USED
3. KEEP WATCHING

It has since been removed. How about we stop discussing how it's done in a public forum now? Thanks.

Aug 31, 2007
how isnt it? it looks exactly the same! Now i might be wrong i don't know but it looks almost exactly the same.

how isnt it? it looks exactly the same! Now i might be wrong i don't know but it looks almost exactly the same.

Actually it doesn't,
if you watch closely, Daniel's card actually changes from the center outward, while the video you showed us has the card changing all at once. It's a very small difference, but a big enough one that would mean different methods.
But yeah, this change looks AWESOME, I'll be sure to pick this up!

Calvin Lauber

Sep 1, 2007
Change, the original video posted in 2007 caused a lot of controversy in the magic. Now, I am at liberty to start divulging information about the effect.

There were fears that people were getting close to discovering the method for the effect, therefore a 2nd video was made titled CHANGE2008, which ultimately offered misdirection in a few different ways, this was to misguide people from the actual method. The way we did this was buy offering a soundtrack that would overlap the video, knowing quite well that people would be scrutinising it, so we framed the video so that there is a change in pitch a split second before the change takes place. This offered nothing more than a contradiction to the first claim 'that it's not editing.' But we then played a 2nd version at the end of the video where you can clearly hear voice and solid sound over the footage, causing a yo-yo effect in speculation. We then Used two folded cards for the change to further mislead people into thinking that some kind of folding card was used. We also used two face-cards so that the change had a lot more change than the first video.

Ultimately our plans worked, and people stopped watching CHANGE to make way for CHANGE2008 and method was pushed further behind the red curtain.

CHANGE remains a secret known by only two people, as I refer to 'we' throughout this page, I refer to myself and r3man and state that we are 2 of only 3 people who know the real method.

For now, I can offer you the following 4 of 11 facts about the effect. As time goes by, and we move closer to the date of release, more of the facts will be revealed.

3: It is a trick

5: Two cards are in use

6: Change can be done with any two cards from any deck

8: Nobody has discovered Daniel's method as of yet

-THE INFO FROM DANIEL MADISON HIMSELF???

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results