New Moves in ACR

Oct 7, 2011
Hey t11

I just got registered. Today I've been watching Extremely Ambitious by Jay Sankey.
I created some new moves, and I need some help to decide whether they are original or not?

Can anyone please help me?

ThemagicianofDK

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Hey t11

I just got registered. Today I've been watching Extremely Ambitious by Jay Sankey.
I created some new moves, and I need some help to decide whether they are original or not?

ThemagicianofDK
Your best bet is to film the moves and show them to some experienced people, they'll let you know fairly quickly if they're original or not. If you can't film them, try and give a detailed description of what they look like.
Can anyone please help me?

Hope this helps,

Lloyd

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
First, let me say, welcome to the forums! It is a very nice place which i know you will like.

To answer your question, maybe we could get descriptions or videos of the moves you've created and we should be able to help you. No problem!!

Have a pleasant time on the forums!

Oct 7, 2011
Thanks for the replies and welcome message!

I'm 60 minutes from finishing my upload to YouTube.

PS Is it normal that 2 minutes edited footage takes almost one and a half hours to upload?

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I haven't seen the the first two before, mainly because they are not good. The card goes in face up and comes out face down it kind of hints at the method. Also there is a lot of noise on each of them.

As for the one hand top change, it is an Authur Buckley's Card Control under that exact title. Harry Loryane claims the move is his and he calls it the ultra move. Both of them use the exact mechanics that yours does.

Jan 20, 2009
California
The one handed top change is not harry loraynes it was invented in by a french magician
1854 by jean nicholas ponsin, in 1975 harry lorayne popularized it then became recognized
as a valuable tool. as for the other moves i have seen variations of them, exp. marlo future reverse,

Jun 30, 2011
The first two really aren't good. I mean you put the card in the deck repeatedly then show us that it has come to the top, to be honest I think spectators would be more surprised if it wasn't on the top after those moves, it's just not even vaguely deceptive and i'm sure by watching the video you must know that.

There's also some other issues you need to address before refining these sleights, your card handling is full of tension and unnecessary riffling and messing with the deck. This looks very inelegant and will also make spectators think you're doing moves even when you aren't.

I don't mean to discourage you with this, but claiming everything is fine when it isn't would not be helpful for you. While unoriginal the one handed top change is a useful move and the fact that you came up with it by yourself is very promising. This idea may be worth pursuing even though it isn't original, maybe you can find some new applications for it? Unfortunately I believe the first two moves just aren't worth any more of your time.

Jun 1, 2009
Props to being imaginative and creating some of your own things. That being said, I agree with the others where the first two moves are just not practical in any way. Lots of noise, fast suspicious movement, and really unnatural. Keep up the creating the though! It might take 1000 tries, but a gem will be found somewhere in the process

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results