Nick Ahn - Flourishing Downloads

Jun 14, 2009
Hey guys. For those who haven't heard. I've released a few flourishing downloads @: www.maydey.com

Please check them out and tell me what you think. Thanks so much for your support.

Here's a review created by angel_magic:

Hey guys, heres a review for Nick Ahn's first publication of his flourishes. all 10 flourishes can be downloaded here: http://www.maydey.com/store.html and the trailer can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgLWt1VxLGg

Format: 10 flourishes, bundled for 15$ or you can buy each section individually for 6$. Each flourish starts off with a full speed performance. It is then followed by step by step instructions with pauses and text at various parts throughout each tutorial, many steps are repeated for emphasis. Finally, a slow walkthrough. The cuts are well ordered in terms of incresing difficulty as you go along. My favorite section would be intermediate, then advanced and finally beginner.

Beginner section: 3 flourishes

Whirligig - A spinning card behind the cover of two packets, extremely simple and looks pretty cool. Difficulty - 1/5. Rating - 3/5. Not really my style so i probably wont perform it too often, but it'll always be in my reseroir since its so easy and does look pretty cool.

Angel's Ride - I like the name . A combination of bone's angel and the one handed fan. Looks really nice and isnt too hard, unless you have dry hands like me. Difficulty - 1/5. Rating 3.5/5. Not extremely groundbreaking but easy and fun, looks great aswell. I will enjoy this, as long as my hands arent too dry when I try to perform. This is my favorite flourish in the beginner section.

Chameleon - A quick versatile move that can be used as a closer for many cuts. Difficulty -1.5/5. Relatively easy but will take time to become smooth and fast. Rating 3/5. I like that it can be applied to many other cuts as a closer. My seccond favorite flourish in this section.

Intermediate: 4 flourishes

Warm-Up - a very fun cut, hard to describe as it is pretty original from what i've seen. i really like this one. Difficulty - 2.5/5. Rating - 5/5. Original, easy, fun to do and looks great. Warm-Up is a fitting name. Possibly my favorite cut.

Rhinestone - A quick L-cut-esque one handed flourish. Difficulty - 2.5/5. I found it relatively easy, but this is dependent on your previous knowledge of one handed cuts. Would reccomend using a smaller portion of a deck like nick does at first. Rating - 3/5.

Spinarette - A card spins atop of two packets, similar to "Whirligig". Dificulty - 3/5. Harder then it looks and again, not really my style. rating 1.5/5.

Red head - Another one of my favorites. A twisted take on sybil with a nice little 3 packet display to end it. Looks nice and is relatively easy. Dificulty - 2.5/5. Rating - 4.5/5. I especially like the 3 packet display at the end.

Advanced: 3 flourishes

Scylla - A spinny cut, as the name implies. Three packets are spun all around eachother. Looks great, I like it. Slightly difficult, but worth it. Difficulty - 4/5. Rating - 5/5. My favorite flourish in this section.

Hummingbird - Another spinny cut more difficult but I dont quite like it as much as "Scylla". Still a good cut. Difficulty - 4.5/5. Rating 3.5/5.

Colossus - Very different and original, great cut. Very hard though. Difficulty - 5/5. Rating - 4/5.

Please disregard the mistakes, didnt really feel like proof reading.
This is just my opinion. There were really only 2 flourishes that I didn't like, and that was solely because they just didn't fit my style.

All in all, 10 great flourishes. 15$ ? Great bang for your buck, you cant really go wrong. Highly reccomended.

-angel_magic

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results