Nicolas Impossible Top Change

Oct 6, 2007
Do we really need to explain WHY you need to check with Nelson?
Contact him and make sure your move is yours and original before even thinking of publishing it.
Even if you found out yourself how to do the trick, if someone else has already created this trick, you cant go around saying it's yours!

Sep 1, 2007
I dont get it... if it's okay for Chad Nelson to invent a move, and it's okay if/when he publishes or not... just because this guy wasn't "FIRST" to invent it, this guy has no right to release it? if he invented it he can do whatever the hell he wants with it.

this is the biggest problem in magic... bullsh!@ egos putting up barriers to the advancement of the art.

that said, if DnD use it to vanish the last queen in "the queens" then shouldn't it be taught on the trilogy or something?

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
Im not putting ANy Barrier or anithing To him... Just want to talk whit him.
Lol or u are reffering to me?
BTW...Dont know if its the same sleight.. But it looks like its the same.

Sep 1, 2007
You have to check with the guy who made clip shift. And make sure it's not his move. Also, there was someone on the dan and dave site, that made a change, it looked a lot like clip sift, and your move. I think it was called friday change. ask on there about it, it was in a video on there. You have to check with him to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Im not putting ANy Barrier or anithing To him... Just want to talk whit him.
Lol or u are reffering to me?
BTW...Dont know if its the same sleight.. But it looks like its the same.

no I'm not referring to you, I applaud you for inventing a great move and sharing it with the community.

what I DON'T like is when someone tells you "oh you can't show that to anyone, because, well some random dude, a couple years ago, invented something that looked kind of like it, and well he decided not to release it, so now you can't"

that is bs!

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
no I'm not referring to you, I applaud you for inventing a great move and sharing it with the community.

what I DON'T like is when someone tells you "oh you can't show that to anyone, because, well some random dude, a couple years ago, invented something that looked kind of like it, and well he decided not to release it, so now you can't"

that is bs!

LOL! thx! I think the same! Thats so stiupid! if u invent something and u dont share it.. Then its like u never invent it. IF i want to realease it i will :D But i havent recieved that much msg for that. Keep coming those comments!

Sep 1, 2007
Thats so stiupid! if u invent something and u dont share it.. Then its like u never invent it.

Thats like saying if a tree falls down and no one was there to hear it, it did not make a sound. Now that is stupid. If you release it and it's the same move as clip shift, And you did not get permission from the creator, then get ready for a boycott.

Everyone else follows the rules, and your not any different from the rest of us.

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
Thats like saying if a tree falls down and no one was there to hear it, it did not make a sound. Now that is stupid. If you release it and it's the same move as clip shift, And you did not get permission from the creator, then get ready for a boycott.

Everyone else follows the rules, and your not any different from the rest of us.

But.. If he Havent Realeased.. and there is no way for me to learn it..
And I Create that sleight... no one teach it to me..then why should i get permission?

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah s3al that is RIDICULOUS. for example, what's stopping me from saying "whatever sleight you create/invent next, well, I already did it a year ago, so you can't release it or i will boycott you".

not only are there no copyright laws regarding card tricks, but, if you want to claim ownership for something you better release it. that's why de'vo released "Cobra Cut" and "Cradle to Grave", now, if someone (like hybrid binary... ugh) decided to learn and teach THOSE moves, then yes, that would be unethical, because they were already published and you should learn the move from the creator.

however if these "clip shift" inventing dudes, decided to be selfish and not release the move to anyone, then, their own decision has made it okay for someone else (someone NOT as selfish... like nicolas) to actually invent and release it.

it's totally his decision! just like it's your decision if you decide to "boycott" it. good for you, you're going to be very busy running around policing all the forums if you try to go that route.

Sep 1, 2007
But.. If he Havent Realeased.. and there is no way for me to learn it..
And I Create that sleight... no one teach it to me..then why should i get permission?

Because he may have made it first!

What the heck is wrong with everybody? Have you gone insane? You have an unpolished move that you your self still have to practice. When this other guy may have made the same move a wile ago! and he has put hours and hours into polishing it. So why don't you contact him and find out if the moves our the same and get permission or what ever you have to do.

If you release this with out doing the foot work, remember, there is no law that says I can't take your slight and call it "Impossible Top Change" and sell it for a $1.00 You may think there is, but there is not. You can not copyright a slight. So I can sell it on my own.

Oh, but it would be morally wrong you say? Jee, to bad. Because you don't seem to care about the guy who really came up with the move, so I don't care as well. See why we follow the rules?

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
Because he may have made it first!

What the heck is wrong with everybody? Have you gone insane? You have an unpolished move that you your self still have to practice. When this other guy may have made the same move a wile ago! and he has put hours and hours into polishing it. So why don't you contact him and find out if the moves our the same and get permission or what ever you have to do.

If you release this with out doing the foot work, remember, there is no law that says I can't take your slight and call it "Impossible Top Change" and sell it for a $1.00 You may think there is, but there is not. You can not copyright a slight. So I can sell it on my own.

Oh, but it would be morally wrong you say? Jee, to bad. Because you don't seem to care about the guy who really came up with the move, so I don't care as well. See why we follow the rules?
( i know i have to practise it more)
How would I know when does he invent it? and if its the same or not? If he invented a while ago its not muy problem.. I learn it for my own and without watching his performance.
How u know he have put hours on that sleight? and how do u know how much time do I spend on it?
Think more about it dude..

BTW: i want to contact him, but i dont know how

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah s3al that is RIDICULOUS. for example, what's stopping me from saying "whatever sleight you create/invent next, well, I already did it a year ago, so you can't release it or i will boycott you".

not only are there no copyright laws regarding card tricks, but, if you want to claim ownership for something you better release it. that's why de'vo released "Cobra Cut" and "Cradle to Grave", now, if someone (like hybrid binary... ugh) decided to learn and teach THOSE moves, then yes, that would be unethical, because they were already published and you should learn the move from the creator.

however if these "clip shift" inventing dudes, decided to be selfish and not release the move to anyone, then, their own decision has made it okay for someone else (someone NOT as selfish... like nicolas) to actually invent and release it.

it's totally his decision! just like it's your decision if you decide to "boycott" it. good for you, you're going to be very busy running around policing all the forums if you try to go that route.

Everyone knows who made clip shift. Just because it's not on a dvd some where does not mean its not his move. And you call them selfish? They probably did not release the move for the same reason I don't release my effects, because they don't want people like you to learn it.

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
Everyone knows who made clip shift. Just because it's not on a dvd some where does not mean its not his move. And you call them selfish? They probably did not release the move for the same reason I don't release my effects, because they don't want people like you to learn it.

dude... think more, u dont know what kind of people we are.If EVERYONE know who made it,... then he is Selfish. Im not sayins its not his move... Maybe.. But is mine to, becouse i Created for my own.

Sep 1, 2007
( i know i have to practise it more)
How would I know when does he invent it? and if its the same or not? If he invented a while ago its not muy problem.. I learn it for my own and without watching his performance.
How u know he have put hours on that sleight? and how do u know how much time do I spend on it?
Think more about it dude..

BTW: i want to contact him, but i dont know how

If it's the same move, he made it before you, there for he has spent more time on it then you. IF you want to contact him, trying pming Dan and Dave, I'm sure they can give you a way to contact him, they do his move on the trilogy. I have a friend who most likely knows how to get in touch with him, ill ask. Google the guys name, ask around. I'm sure you will find away to contact him.

Sep 1, 2007
Chile
If it's the same move, he made it before you, there for he has spent more time on it then you. IF you want to contact him, trying pming Dan and Dave, I'm sure they can give you a way to contact him, they do his move on the trilogy. I have a friend who most likely knows how to get in touch with him, ill ask. Google the guys name, ask around. I'm sure you will find away to contact him.

I PM Dan and dave yesterday.. No reply yet, and no information on google.
Help me Contacting him :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results