Original Trick : Konceptual-X

Feb 15, 2008
No, its not a question about professionalism. Its being humble. We are young, and we must learn to respect people in the magic community who are doing magic for a couple of years; or even way much longer than even our whole lifetime. If you think our grammar is bad, well, I have got nothing much to say.
We do this because we are not paid professionals. But it doesn't mean that it the virtue of being humble must be compromised. We can do it professionally, its just that we don't want to, because we admit that we are not. Think about it, if you have a ten year old (btw, we are not 10) provoking you and that he has more knowledge than you, and proves it right smack in your face, you wouldn't like it, period. It is because of the fact that he is young, and that you don't look up to him. So being humble is important. What's the use of professionalism when one is not professional.

We? I'm quite sure YOU are a single person. :D I didn't really get what you're trying to say...

Apr 28, 2008
No, its not a question about professionalism. Its being humble. We are young, and we must learn to respect people in the magic community who are doing magic for a couple of years; or even way much longer than even our whole lifetime. If you think our grammar is bad, well, I have got nothing much to say.
We do this because we are not paid professionals. But it doesn't mean that it the virtue of being humble must be compromised. We can do it professionally, its just that we don't want to, because we admit that we are not. Think about it, if you have a ten year old (btw, we are not 10) provoking you and that he has more knowledge than you, and proves it right smack in your face, you wouldn't like it, period. It is because of the fact that he is young, and that you don't look up to him. So being humble is important. What's the use of professionalism when one is not professional.

Did you actually read through this before you posted it? I've read through it several times and it doesn't really make sense.

The point is you made a low quality video that looks like you're trying to imitate T11 and the effect is almost certainly not original. You haven't addresed any of the important points.

You could do it professionally but you don't because you are not professional? Tbh that sounds like absolute bs, seems like a really pathetic excuse for being lazy with your video.

May 3, 2008
What's the use of professionalism when one is not professional.

Because it looks better. Seriously, people like things better when they can see them clearly with minimal editing so they can see what the effect looks like. It doesn't really matter if the effect itself is original as long as it's an improvement on any other versions like it out on the market. From your video, no one could determine that. Don't be humble in this case; when you're trying to present something to someone, anyone (and this applies to everyday life), you should go all out and give it the attention it deserves. If it looks like amateur garbage, even if it is a nice effect, people will most likely walk past it.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
The best way to respect the magic community is to be professional about putting out effects and making sure they're not crap. Regardless of who you are, your age, what your goals are: if you put out a product, it must be professional - not wanting to be professional is not an excuse for poor work.

Dec 20, 2008
Ok

Well, ok, got it.
We will redo the video, improve the trick, rename it if we must and remove the crimp and the rubber band which is totally unecessary as posted by some people. Yea, and now, we want to be professional with our effects and our video and so thank you for all your comments and posts. Er, lets not digress and veer away from the main point of this thread. Anyway, if you have any more comments you could just shoot us a pm, or include another reply into this thread. Hope you guys continue to support us, we have learnt much from this forum thread and hope you guys will check out some new effects that we will be showcasing soon.

Thanks guys

Sep 4, 2007
No, its not a question about professionalism.

It should be. Whether or not you are charging for the material you plan to release the fact remains that you and a few others have joined together under a 'label' and are marketing yourselves to the community. Professionalism is EVERYTHING.

We are young, and we must learn to respect people in the magic community who are doing magic for a couple of years;

If I'm reading this correctly, and correct me if I'm wrong, but are you indirectly implying here that you and your team have only been in magic for a year or two? If so, stop what you are doing now and realize that you have to spend a heck of a lot more time studying before you should even be talking about releasing anything.

If you think our grammar is bad, well, I have got nothing much to say.

That's too bad because I have plenty to say about it. Pick up a book. Read at least one book a week and don't be lazy about it. That alone will improve your communication skills both in writing and verbally.

Respect your collaborators, audience and future purchasers (if there will be any) and show them that you are not an immature kid who has no respect for the most simple concepts in education.

We can do it professionally, its just that we don't want to, because we admit that we are not. Think about it, if you have a ten year old (btw, we are not 10) provoking you and that he has more knowledge than you, and proves it right smack in your face, you wouldn't like it, period. It is because of the fact that he is young, and that you don't look up to him. So being humble is important.

Please. This is a huge cop out and sounds a lot like circular logic. Also, your indirectly implying that if you guys did do a 'professional' job it would put a lot of magician's to shame. Don't imply that.

Your analogy is ridiculous as well. Any parent knows that if their 10 year old shows them something they don't know it is a very good thing, because the child learns confidence among many things, and the parent learns that their children are people too. I should know, I have two kids and a third on the way.

What's the use of professionalism when one is not professional.

That's like saying, "What is the use of wiping my butt when I'm just going to poop again tomorrow."

If your releasing material then you either be professional about it, or relegate yourself to the rest of the below mediocre you-bube's out there.

Er, lets not digress and veer away from the main point

Don't type like you talk, it is extremely annoying and beyond immature. You don't start a sentence with er.

Now, based on your video the others are right that you are directly immitating established names. However, there are plenty of professionals out there that don't advertise that way and do just fine:

Jay Sankey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6odGJDhqMws

Richard Sanders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pPujkwcopg

Lennart Green

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcjUDoVRg-o

These are just a few examples of simplistic and effective marketing. Also notice that only one of them released a one trick dvd. The other two released a plethora of developed material on one dvd. Something to think about.

Finally, I'll point out that 'a couple of months' is nowhere near enough time to develop anything, including a basic, though effective, double lift.

Justin Miller's Silver Dream was developed and refined for over a decade before Justin released it on dvd. His original notes that he released differed from the dvd that he eventually released with E because the trick was still changing to what it became.

Go back to the drawing board, and chuck it out the window. Then hit the library and pick up a dozen books. Reading is the only thing you should be working on for the next year.

Releasing material should be one of the last items on your magical agenda.

urban

Dec 20, 2008
Hi, we have got you people,s messages(and we are currently attending english
lesson), we will be uploading a new take on the trick EMERGE, without cutting out any parts of the video,and doing it without the crimp,rubberband,and we will get the card signed, this weekend, so please stay tune for more tricks.PEACE!

Nice effect, but it's a little simple to work out imo, the bend and the rubber band pretty much gave away what's going on because they are so out of place. Plus alot of the moves look like they are hiding things, probably because they are, but it makes the trick seem unpracticed that less stange looking things couldn't have been done to acheive the same effect.

Dec 20, 2008
Nice effect, but it's a little simple to work out imo, the bend and the rubber band pretty much gave away what's going on because they are so out of place. Plus alot of the moves look like they are hiding things, probably because they are, but it makes the trick seem unpracticed that less stange looking things couldn't have been done to acheive the same effect.
Yup, we will be doin one without the crimp and band, but we would sign the card:)

Dec 20, 2008
Sorry 2 keep u guys waiting,like u guys said professionalism is important,so is the trick, give US some time ,fyi (WE are havin school) Give us another 2 weeks or so, WE WiLL dig up this thread again, definitely.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results