Originality of an effect

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
I am just about to go out to perform at a private party, for the last 2 months I have been working on an effect and today will be my first performance of the routine (unless you count 5 test audience performances), so here is the description:
I ask if the spectators want to see a demonstration and an explanation of 3 card monte (Mock Explanation),I take out an ace and 2 queens I then do a normal 3 card monte round ( 3 card monte throw) then the spectator gets it wrong (if they follow the card, I won't mix the cards to much), then I demonstrate my mock explanation, I say then that a new method has been introduced that is legal, so I say there are 3 piles under the 3 cards. Then with a snap the Ace moves from the middle of the 2 queens to another pile, then another snap and the ace moves to the final position it has yet to be then as the final climax I ask the spectator to try and guess where the ace is, they guess then I show its not anywhere on the table but in my pocket or where ever I want it to be on my person.
Oh and no duplicates, semi impromtu, 20 second set up (getting the 2 queens and ace).
So anyone heard of something similar or is my effect orginal or not?

Anyway I will be back after an hour to see your performances and tell you guys if the performance went well.

EDIT:
Came back from performing, I did it as an opener. The people there were very nice and I think they liked the effect. The Final climax really had a surprise on their faces. I am working on doing angle zero as the final climax, but that would need some more test audiences. One guy in the audience can so confused he said he will never buy in to those street games again as in their area of London its filled with crooks. I think my past 2 months work has paid off but I will still work on it and search if it is not original, if it is then here I come Magic Artist area. The sleights involved are as easy as they get in fact there is only one sleight involved, how ever it requires misdirection and patter also it can only be done on a table, if it is original then I will start working on making the PDF then post it up somewhere.

PLEASE PLEASE if you have ever heard of an effect similar tell me it will be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
I am thinking of putting this up as a collection of tricks I have made, along with Paper to Card ( a piece of paper is with a wave transformed into a card), David Blaine was my spectator (spectators becomes magician plot) and caught (one card put by the spectator in the deck and found between 2 kings) also some more.

Already got a name for this one 3 Packet Monte

Hahahaha I crack myself up.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results