Outlaw Effects

Jun 4, 2009
Im interested in getting the Outlaw Magnum M3M wallet but cant seem to find a UK distributor. Do I need to go to the Outlaw website itself. I was just wondering because of shipping times and prices.

Cheers

Jul 13, 2009
Am I right in saying that Outlaw Effects products are some of the highest quality magical apparatus on the market?

Sep 24, 2007
Don't have any of their stuff, but it's praised by the right people. I wouldn't doubt the quality of anything they put out...

Jun 4, 2009
Just a quick question for anyone who has the Magnum. If this is bordering on exposure please say so. I was wondering if when the wallet is completley closed if its leather on one side but has a window on the other? If this is the case I may have to have a rethink before purchasing this and go for something like the stealth assasin instead.

Thanks

Jun 4, 2009
In the demo for the assasin on the "movie star" effect it looks like Peter Nardi just puts the card into the wallet without re-opening it he has the info. Is this not how it would actually look? also has anyone ever mentioned to u that it looks a bit strange to have a wondow on the outside of your wallet?

Thanks

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
The window is just an ID window, like you'd stick your ID into. No one's ever questioned.

Nardi does re-open the wallet, if you missed it, then it's a good performance :p He is a mentalism master though!

..And is also very into his horror films too ;)

DC

Jun 4, 2009
Lol just watched the video again! I havnt seen it for a long while now and could have sworn he didnt re-open it! lol.

On a "normal" wallet though I have never seen an ID window on the outside when the wallet is closed. I am just a bit nervous that my friends and familly who know me would pick this up as being a prop due to the abnormal look. Obviously this minor detail and probably wouldnt matter to most but for me this wondow on the outside is a bit iffy.

Sep 1, 2007
New York
The Stealth Assassin has two peeks. With one you have to open the wallet again, and with the other you do not. (I actually prefer the one that requires you to re-open it.)

As for Outlaw, I have "Reflections" and like it. The size of the book and the way its bound and printed is a little odd, but it's still a cool effect. I purchased Sanctum 2, which I didn't like at all and wound up selling.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
The bounding on Reflections IS really weird, isn't it?

Such a great effect though. It has a wonderful premise to allow psychological performers to delve into the paranormal realm.

Although, the only thing that really bugs me - For number 6, the fear association with heights, the entries IMO are much weaker - "She didn't want to climb the ladder" fopr example - I know at least two people have associated that with "lazy" rather than "fear". Some of them are a bit unclear or have weak associations with the emotion. I've even taken to saying "Three numbers from one to five", rather than "Three numbers between one and five", just to lessen the likelihood of "2 3 4" happening -.-

Otherwise, it's absolutely beautiful. I like the idea of a close-up book test, although it's not exactly walkaround material, but sitting down with a small group of people close-up, it's just brilliant.

Sep 1, 2007
New York
Regarding the fear of heights one, what I will do is say I flashed on a memory of mine, which involves my father not wanting to drive across very high bridges. This is true, and I relate a story about this, so it's not really me reading their mind but their memory triggering one in me.

Re the binding, I wish Outlaw would do a more elaborately produced book test with better binding and printing that wasn't part of the aged serial killer/mental patient genre. I've thought of buying Luna for a while but decided it just wasn't my style.

Also, re the numbers, there's an interesting post on the Outlaw forum in which someone discusses doing the effect without having the spec reveal the numbers to them at all. It involves them thinking the numbers and then going first to the ESP/Rhine symbol reveal, which may or may not hit, and then going from there...

Oct 14, 2009
If they are relating to lazy I would assume its a presentational glitch - drop me an email or pm and I'd be happy to discuss this - or bring it by the shop (HPMS) and you can have it worked out.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results