PANIC! -- my opinion after performing it.

Hey all. So...here's my opinion on PANIC! by Aaron Fisher after performing it many times over the past 48 hours.

I got Panic in the mail yesterday, and played around with it for about an hour. I then threw it into the show at Red Robin. It didn't dissapoint. I probably performed it about 8-10 times total in 2 hours, and it went pretty good.

It didn't get any "OMG WHAT THE $#%#$^?!?!?!" reactions, but it definitely generated enough of a reaction from my tables to keep it in the show, that's for sure.

I also performed it 3 times tonight as well. I went to the movies with some friends (saw Death Sentence, which was an excellant movie by the way. Go see it if you're old enough...) and opened with it while we were waiting in the ticket line. Then I performed it to another group once we were in the theater.

Afterwards, we stopped by Texas Ribs for some BBQ. I did it once for the girl there, and SHE went completely nuts.

Overall, Panic completely surpassed all my expectations. I intended to buy this just to see how it works, not thinking I would ever perform this. But, I'm happy to say that this is most definitely going into my act.

If you're on the fence about getting this, then just go for it. You won't be dissapointed with this. I promise.

Best.
Steve

P.S. Sorry to have to tell you the details of my night, but oh well. You'll survive...I hope... :D

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Congrats, sadly I'm grounded (not disciplined...but like an airplane<<) from getting things for the next month or two since 2 of my brothers were sent to college and wooow you can imagine how quick money disappears with two college kids living miles away. Panic, from the look of it seems like the best opener (as long as you have stronger/visual material)/closer I've seen in quite a while.

It's nice getting reviews from people that perform it a couple times for real live spectators first :)

And you can definitely get the "What THE @#($)#" reactions depending on what kind of person you perform for, mainly 17-24 year old girls/energetic, not shy to talk, 15-27 year old guys who are sociable will give you that reaction. I've done some studying while I perform.

Thanks for this, Steve. I was on the fence about getting this, but you've gone and pushed me over (and my neighbor has German Shepherds!!). And to save on shipping, I've decided to get some Guardians this order as well. So I thank you again :D

And the 'OHMYGODNOWAY!' reactions depend on who you perform it to. I'm with Blindside - teenage/young adult gals and guys usually respond best (to my magic, anyway). You'll also probably get good reactions from fellow magicians because of its absolute originality and crazy method, but this should not be a deciding factor; tricks should never be made for magicians.

PS. My friends went to see that a few hours ago, but I'm stuck here with Physics :(

Hey all. So...here's my opinion on PANIC! by Aaron Fisher after performing it many times over the past 48 hours.

I got Panic in the mail yesterday, and played around with it for about an hour. I then threw it into the show at Red Robin. It didn't dissapoint. I probably performed it about 8-10 times total in 2 hours, and it went pretty good.

It didn't get any "OMG WHAT THE $#%#$^?!?!?!" reactions, but it definitely generated enough of a reaction from my tables to keep it in the show, that's for sure.

I also performed it 3 times tonight as well. I went to the movies with some friends (saw Death Sentence, which was an excellant movie by the way. Go see it if you're old enough...) and opened with it while we were waiting in the ticket line. Then I performed it to another group once we were in the theater.

Afterwards, we stopped by Texas Ribs for some BBQ. I did it once for the girl there, and SHE went completely nuts.

Overall, Panic completely surpassed all my expectations. I intended to buy this just to see how it works, not thinking I would ever perform this. But, I'm happy to say that this is most definitely going into my act.

If you're on the fence about getting this, then just go for it. You won't be dissapointed with this. I promise.

Best.
Steve

P.S. Sorry to have to tell you the details of my night, but oh well. You'll survive...I hope... :D

Hey, I've heard of a few people working at Red Robin, do they commonly hire magicians? It sounds like a super fun place to work, and there's one within 15-20 minutes from my house.
I'm only 14, so I got 2 years to practice, but I'd love my first official job to be magic.

Thanks,
Evan

(PS: Great review, gotta add that to my list of a million things to buy.)

(PPS: Anyone with recommendations on getting a job at a restuarant or routining please let me know, I'd like to have a routine down so pat I can do it with my eyes closed when I apply.)

Thanks again,
Evan

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I love this effect.
I did it last night as kind of a test to my mom, and when I pushed on the 4 Kings as the deck disappeared, they snapped and made a loud pop which scared her, but it worked because I told her that the pop was the deck vanishing!

Sep 1, 2007
I'm kind of dissapointed. Honestly saying, the preview video is a hipe, hypo, hi-po, whatever the word is. The live performance isn't as strong and even a bit sharper eyes can catch you.

AaronFisher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
www.aaronfishermagic.com
Hey -

The word I think you want is 'hype'!

I'm sorry you feel that way - if i'd ever had that experience myself, i wouldn't have released the effect. Thankfully, I'm told T11 offers a money back guarantee.

Gratefully,

Aaron

I'm kind of dissapointed. Honestly saying, the preview video is a hipe, hypo, hi-po, whatever the word is. The live performance isn't as strong and even a bit sharper eyes can catch you.

Yea...I'd have to agree with Aaron. So far, I've only had positive experiences performing this effect. With that said, I haven't tested it out nearly enough to say that I will never be caught though. But if I am, simply vanish the deck then, and show the 4 kings front and back and they'll forget all it.

Best.
Steve

Aug 31, 2007
Newton, MA
Hey Evan,
I think you might want to wait a little longer before jumping into resaurants. I know you have 2 years of experience, but you are young and have a lot to learn and a long time to learn it! This is at least what people told me and I agree with it. I'm 17 *in a month* and I just want to wait a little while until I feel I will be fully respected and am fully ready to use my magic for work. I also have too much to do with school =p BTW if you are ever around the Boston area, lemme know!

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Yea...I'd have to agree with Aaron. So far, I've only had positive experiences performing this effect. With that said, I haven't tested it out nearly enough to say that I will never be caught though. But if I am, simply vanish the deck then, and show the 4 kings front and back and they'll forget all it.

Best.
Steve

Same here. I did the trick, and my mom asked to see the 4 Kings (she's a very skeptical person) but I cut her off and asked where the deck was and she totally freaked out, and forgot all about the,.

Yes. One thing about this effect that you don't notice (or appreciate) until after you've performed it is that it's very hard to get called out whilst you're performing. You can draw it out for several minutes, or as short as 30 seconds.

A trick is only as good as long as it stays entertaining, and PANIC! leaves that choice up to the magician.

Best.
Steve

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
hopefully i get this effect for my birthday in a month today yay :)i would like to see a full performance as the teaser just shows the vanish also a vid of widespread panic would be appriciated

Wow a lot of responses here. I'm still going to buy this, it's the one effect from T11 I don't have. I'm moving into a new house this week and have to wait to see my new address to have it shipped but it'll be here soon. I'll be assuming it's great like I know it is

Aug 31, 2007
Hey, I've heard of a few people working at Red Robin, do they commonly hire magicians? It sounds like a super fun place to work, and there's one within 15-20 minutes from my house.
I'm only 14, so I got 2 years to practice, but I'd love my first official job to be magic.

Thanks,
Evan

(PS: Great review, gotta add that to my list of a million things to buy.)

(PPS: Anyone with recommendations on getting a job at a restuarant or routining please let me know, I'd like to have a routine down so pat I can do it with my eyes closed when I apply.)

Thanks again,
Evan

Some Red Robins do some don't. If I were you I'd wait a couple of more years, then get a restaurant job. Restaurant magic isn't the easiest. Plus I'm not sure if they hire 14 year olds for jobs. (correct me if I'm wrong lol)

I'll say this much, and not to crush anyone's dreams. Red Robin is a corporate restaurant. That means I had to work my butt off for quite a while to get the gig. Jumping through hoops, contacting the GM, District Manager, and a whole lot of work.

Your best bet is to find a local, family owned restaurant where you can build a reputation, and get some credibility. Getting hired at a corporate place is the exception, not the rule.

Best, and good luck.
Steve

Sep 1, 2007
good review, and i'm glad you got some nice reactions.
But why would you buy it just to see how it works? And to think you would never use it:D Guess your glad it's part of your routine now. I am definitely getting this.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results