Paper Engine Trailer

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
WHaaaaaaaaat!?? come on Im very mad right now! the paper engine in video format pffffffffttttttt. gosh we are going to get a lot of newbie performances of the gravity half pass and the other tricks in the book, I respect this book so much, it doesnt deserve it!

I dont care if you guys are against me this time, but this is my opinion and this time its going to stay that way.

Im sure that Praetoritevong will be as mad as me.:mad:

EDIT:I just read the last posts, fiuuuw I got scared.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Zomg wtf he made a DVD wtf. Someone get the pitchforks and torches and we'll teach that Aaron Fisher a lesson. We all know in order to be cool you have to learn from books, pffft.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Zomg wtf he made a DVD wtf. Someone get the pitchforks and torches and we'll teach that Aaron Fisher a lesson. We all know in order to be cool you have to learn from books, pffft.

Do I detect sarcasm in your words? Im not saying that the best way to learn is from books, i even learn a lot more from videos, what I am saying is that I do not want everybody to know the material there, I have dedicated a vast amount of time practicing the sleights there to see how young kids try do the gravity half pass on their second try.

May 3, 2008
WHaaaaaaaaat!?? come on Im very mad right now! the paper engine in video format pffffffffttttttt. gosh we are going to get a lot of newbie performances of the gravity half pass and the other tricks in the book, I respect this book so much, it doesnt deserve it!

I dont care if you guys are against me this time, but this is my opinion and this time its going to stay that way.

Im sure that Praetoritevong will be as mad as me.:mad:

EDIT:I just read the last posts, fiuuuw I got scared.

The Paper Engine is too hard for any noobs to even attempt any of it.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
The books not going to be a DVD, that trailer was merely him showing the book and talking about it. He does have a DVD coming out that will teach Search and Destroy.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
The books not going to be a DVD, that trailer was merely him showing the book and talking about it. He does have a DVD coming out that will teach Search and Destroy.

Randys right.
And besides,those 'noobs' have always,and always will be doing the latest tricks they learned off a DVD.You cant stop it. To them its a fad.The craze of doing 'Street Magic' and all that cool stuff dies within a month.And they dont really hurt you or anyone.Just themselves.
Its just like in any other life situation when a old band you've been listening to for years suddenly gets "hot" and every freakin' scene and emo kid is now listening to it and wearing their shirts and talking as if they knew about them for a long time.Damn posers...sorry..I just hate that type of thing..but it happens.
You cant stop whats comin'.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I think it's good that "those noobs" are trying to learn magic. The business could always use some new blood to keep it pumping. The problem is they are doing the moves horribly and if people see them on youtube, they will think you are doing the move.. Unless you dress it up differently than youtube and present it completely different. Which is what I hope most guys here are doing.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Randys right.
And besides,those 'noobs' have always,and always will be doing the latest tricks they learned off a DVD.You cant stop it. To them its a fad.The craze of doing 'Street Magic' and all that cool stuff dies within a month.And they dont really hurt you or anyone.Just themselves.
Its just like in any other life situation when a old band you've been listening to for years suddenly gets "hot" and every freakin' scene and emo kid is now listening to it and wearing their shirts and talking as if they knew about them for a long time.Damn posers...sorry..I just hate that type of thing..but it happens.
You cant stop whats comin'.

That's exactly what Im talking about, and about randy posts, I mean, one of the things that I love of books is that they are not merchandised like the dvd's,the books are there for the guys who wanna learn and search for serious tecnique material...

Take Paul harris Art of astonishment series for an example... how many tricks of his books do you see performed on you tube? rarely.... I mean its amasing stuff, but just for the guys that search for it...now that True astonishments Is out for sale,It wont be long before these youtube "posers" start performing them awfully...

Cheers.

EDIT:: These noobs are like one of rufus wainwright songs... They only look for "instant pleasure" meaning that they expect to do miracles witouth practicing, its a waste of money and time....

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Take Paul harris Art of astonishment series for an example... how many tricks of his books do you see performed on you tube? rarely.... I mean its amasing stuff, but just for the guys that search for it...now that True astonishments Is out for sale,It wont be long before these youtube "posers" start performing them awfully...

That's a good point but i don't think youtubers will be bothered to spend 300 dollars they will think its a rip off.

Though the Paper Engine is a great book i hope like said many people don't just take it for granted and dont learn the moves or the sleights tricks and so on i think it will just ruin it.

I love seeing Aaron Perform he just has this interesting persona about him it always inspires me.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
That's exactly what Im talking about, and about randy posts, I mean, one of the things that I love of books is that they are not merchandised like the dvd's,the books are there for the guys who wanna learn and search for serious tecnique material...

Cheers.

EDIT:: These noobs are like one of rufus wainwright songs... They only look for "instant pleasure" meaning that they expect to do miracles witouth practicing, its a waste of money and time....

Books are somewhat better than DVD's because you can take your time on them and don't have to hit rewind or anything like that if you missed it.

I doubt any newbies will be able to afford TA. Unless they are heavily spoiled, which I doubt some are. The other DVD's are cheap and easy to get a hold of.

Jan 30, 2009
I've been into card magic for about a year, do i qualify as an "intermediate card man?"

I don't think going by years is proper. I have been doing this since 98, but I haven't always been focused. There is a famous turntabalist that is known for becoming one of the best in a year. He spent every free moment on his tables. Effort can't be judged on time passed, it also matters the quality time spent.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I don't think going by years is proper. I have been doing this since 98, but I haven't always been focused. There is a famous turntabalist that is known for becoming one of the best in a year. He spent every free moment on his tables. Effort can't be judged on time passed, it also matters the quality time spent.
Just expanding on that, I got Paper Engine about a year and a half into my magic 'career' (though technically speaking it's not a career). At the time I read through it, found an abundance of wealth in knowledge, but couldn't quite 'do the stuff' if that makes sense. A year later however and I think I'm getting to the point where I could do a couple of the effects. :)

You decide when you're ready, that's my advice. If you're not ready, it's still a great read and when you are ready, it'll be waiting for you. :)

- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results