PDF Publication - Help

I'm finally ready to publish my How to Get Gigs, and Keep Clients posts that I made here in a down loadable PDF formatted file. I've written some bonus material, and I have every intention to make this a pay to download kind of thing. I have no experience with publication before.

Does anyone here have any tips or advice for me? Please and thank you.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
You need a single file (put all of the different .pdf files into a .zip folder), an online presence (a website, preferably your own so that you don't need to pay anything to have someone else sell your product), and a "shopping cart" system (which is made semi-easily using PHP and MySQL databases). You might also be able to find pre-made shopping cart codes online somewhere.

D

Deleted member 2755

Will, I doubt that many people here can help you as no one here has much experience selling e-books. I recommend you check out www.lybrary.com and try and sell through them as they seem to be the most known magic e-book shop. Check out their contact page. http://www.lybrary.com/contact_us.php They can help you more than anyone else here can.

Glad to know that you decided to sell these. You put a lot of work into those threads. You deserve some sort of reward for them. :)

-Doug

Sep 2, 2007
honestly, I don';t like lybrary. ZERO advertisement. I would say world magic shop or esleights

Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
honestly, I don';t like lybrary. ZERO advertisement. I would say world magic shop or esleights
They send out a regular email newsletter to people who have already purchased from them. The newsletters do tend to put a focus and positive spin on their new additions, too.

I've entertained myself on many lunch breaks just thumbing through those messages.

I have seen them get a fair share of word-of-mouth regarding certain topics, and from other communities. They do also send those newsletters to prior clients. I'm not saying that's substantial advertisement, but it's more than zero.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results